Valued Member
heatherbee

Suprising AMEX Approval

I received a preapproved offer in the mail for the Zync card, and figured I'd go ahead and apply for shiggles. Instant approval! I have some major lates from over 2 years ago (not that long ago, I thought) and a small paid collection (5 years old) on 2 of my reports.  I'm really glad to be in!  I know a lot of you hate AMEX, and especially the Zync card, but I couldn't be more thrilled!  Now I just have to see what's better, my new Zync card or my 2 Navy Fed cards!  For anyone interested, I had 3 inquiries this year, they pulled Experian (currently deployed, but used NC address) EX FAKO of 657, with FICOs EQ 664 and TU 706.  Goodbye Orchard!

Regular Contributor
asteroidblues

Re: Suprising AMEX Approval

Congratulations!

Valued Member
heatherbee

Thank you! 

NikkiD

Congratulations! I'm getting rid of Orchard too, and couldn't be happier.  :smileyvery-happy:

Starting Score: 675 TU 646 EX 656 EQ
Current Score: 701 TU 646?? EX 686 EQ
Goal Score: 750 TU 750 EX 750 EQ

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor
DI

Congrats!

Valued Contributor
mjbfan79

heatherbee wrote:

I received a preapproved offer in the mail for the Zync card, and figured I'd go ahead and apply for shiggles. Instant approval! I have some major lates from over 2 years ago (not that long ago, I thought) and a small paid collection (5 years old) on 2 of my reports.  I'm really glad to be in!  I know a lot of you hate AMEX, and especially the Zync card, but I couldn't be more thrilled!  Now I just have to see what's better, my new Zync card or my 2 Navy Fed cards!  For anyone interested, I had 3 inquiries this year, they pulled Experian (currently deployed, but used NC address) EX FAKO of 657, with FICOs EQ 664 and TU 706.  Goodbye Orchard!

Congrats!

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012

Valued Member
TimothyBryce

[ Edited ]

Congrats!

There's nothing wrong with the Zync card.  Its got a low AF and has the benefits that all Amex cards carry.  The only negative is that it uses Membership Rewards Express instead of the regular Membership Rewards.   If you're not a heavy spender this won't make a difference.  

You can always product change later after developing a good history with Amex if you feel that you'd be better off with a standard Membership Rewards card.

Regular Contributor
asteroidblues

What is the difference between Membership Rewards and Membership Rewards Express?

New Contributor
LustForTheMoment

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!  Hey, to paraphrase Tom Cruise, AMEX.........there is NO substitute :smileyhappy:

-------------------------------------------------

EQ FICO...816
Regular Contributor
sonson

congrats with Amex!

Starting Score: EQ 548 [ Feb 2010 ]
Current Score: TU 663 EQ 686
Goal Score: 700

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+