cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge / Verve / Matrix / Cont Finance - Had one of these?

tag
dallasareaguy
Frequent Contributor

Surge / Verve / Matrix / Cont Finance - Had one of these?

So this card is really really rough for those that get it based on fees, etc. What I want to know is two questions if you ever held this card:

1.) Did you ever get a credit line increase without paying for one? (if so, how much and when)

2.) What is the highest credit line you held with any of their cards?

CapOne QS
$10,250

AMEX Delta Gold
$15,000

AMEX BCE
$5,000

AMEX BCP
$1,000

AMEX HHonors
$1,600

Discover it
$2,000
FICO8 Scores:
EQ: 648
TU: 654
EX: 691

(as of 07/15/2017)
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
mrldp40
Established Contributor

Re: Surge / Verve / Matrix / Cont Finance - Had one of these?

500. I haven't gotten an increase yet

ready to start a rebuild ex 533 eq 518 tu 541
inquiries EQ 2 EX 0 TU 1 multiple charge off current card green dot secured 500
Message 2 of 14
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Why?  You should likely be closing that Credit One card in your siggy with that many other tradelines anyway rather than trying to improve it.

        
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

This card(s) have "sucker" written all over them.
Message 4 of 14
dallasareaguy
Frequent Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Why?  You should likely be closing that Credit One card in your siggy with that many other tradelines anyway rather than trying to improve it.

Not trying to improve it... asking a question because some friends and I are trying to see if Cont Finance ever gives increases to anyone. We have never seen a single person who had one of these dastardly cards (Verve/Matrix/Surge/etc.) EVER get an increase. We obviously know they are predatory in nature with their $125 signup fees and more... working on some documentation on the subject and just wanting to get opinions..

But to comment directly on your credit one statement. It was obtained to help build credit before my QS card was approved and I certainly will be closing it before the annual fee is due... in the meantime, the $600 in free utilization on a paid off card is nice.

CapOne QS
$10,250

AMEX Delta Gold
$15,000

AMEX BCE
$5,000

AMEX BCP
$1,000

AMEX HHonors
$1,600

Discover it
$2,000
FICO8 Scores:
EQ: 648
TU: 654
EX: 691

(as of 07/15/2017)
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

The "free utilization" does little to nothing for you if it is a dormant card. Keep this in mind.
Message 6 of 14
taxi818
Super Contributor

@dallasareaguy wrote:

So this card is really really rough for those that get it based on fees, etc. What I want to know is two questions if you ever held this card:

1.) Did you ever get a credit line increase without paying for one? (if so, how much and when)

2.) What is the highest credit line you held with any of their cards?

Op. all i will say. is Be afraid. Be very afraid. do yourself a favor. and google continental finance. and learn how many times the fed have sued them. they are the TREX of credit card predators. Please save your credit. that is all im asking. good luck.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do these cards at least have a grace period now? I seem to remember that they didn't at one point, so even if you PIF every month...

Message 8 of 14
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Do these cards at least have a grace period now? I seem to remember that they didn't at one point, so even if you PIF every month...

Yes. no grace fee. they charge for cli's and the list goes on with these jokers. forget all that. just look at stories of the federal procecutors suing these jokers. then nothing else should be ssaid.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Called the other day about this, they said after 1 year you get cli. Closing this card next month! Woohoo!
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.