cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surprise!!!! I got my US bak Cash+ Visa Signature Card today!!!!

tag
journey258
Frequent Contributor

Re: Surprise!!!! I got my US bak Cash+ Visa Signature Card today!!!!

Okay, so I called the automated number yesterday and it said "unable to approve...blah, blah, blah." I called this morning and (surprise, suprise) it was do to inquiries. I explained how the majority of my inquiries were related to my auto purchase in January and asked for a reconsideration. She flat out told me no, because they are strict on number of inquiries, and anything over 3 they considered excessive. Even though I knew this was inconsistent to what I've been reading here on the boards, I hung up and was prepared to leave it alone. 

10 minutes ago I received the alert from my USAA CMS about the inquiry popping up. I figured hey, I've taken the hit, might as well try again. So I called again and got another person on the phone. I explained right off about my previous call and the the denial reasons, and asked again for the reconsideration. I explained how I am in a catch 22, having prblems because of the inquiries, but must inquire to receive the credit. After a few minutes on hold he came back and told me that he was sending app back through with recommendation for approval because he does see the inquiries are all auto related around the same time. He says I should hear something in 2-3 days. Fingers crossed. 

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 51 of 98
Ron1
Super Contributor

Journey,

I got more than 3 inquiries when I applied for the card.  I have 6 inquires within 6 months (15 inquiries within 2 years).  I still think you will get approved for the card. Let me know. By the way, where did they pull?

Ron.

Message 52 of 98
journey258
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the optimism. I sure hope so. They pulled EQ for me. 

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 53 of 98
darkpearl
Regular Contributor

So I got my card in the mail today... But it is the straight 1% version which is lower rewards than every other card I have. So I called in to see if they would switch and they said no. I asked if they would tell me the reasons why I did not qualify for the better card and senior manager said no since I had received *a* card. I said I wanted to close it immediately then and they switched me to someone else who asked about my income and inquiries. She was super helpful - said the account needed to be open for 32 days and then she would call me personally and put in to switch the card, even gave me the date (July 15). I figure it doesn't hurt since I asked if I didn't activate it if it would close automatically and they said NO, not for a significant period of time. Why not buy one thing on it and see if it can get switched, if not sock drawer. It's higher than all of my other limits, too, which is too bad that the rewards are worse. APR is 14.99 which is decent enough for a rewards card also.

Message 54 of 98
Ron1
Super Contributor

darkpearl,

Congrats!!! Sorry to hear. You got 1% cash back card. Keep the card and use it since you already took the hard inquiry. You might be able to upgrade to Cash+ Visa Signature  in the future.  I think your score would have gotten your Visa Signature Card. Your APR i better than mine.

Ron.

Message 55 of 98
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

My card came in the mail today. 8k limit, 16.99%. They pulled TU for me (score is in sig). AAOA 5 yrs, 10 mos. Not surprised at limit, most of my cards are still in the 5-10k range.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 56 of 98
Ron1
Super Contributor

They also mailed EXP FICO score for card today.  The EXP score was 750 and the range is between 325 and 850.

Ron.

Message 57 of 98
HankNY
Valued Member

Same thing Happen to me. I wanted to cancel it,  for the card has no good rewards. I told the CR that I wanted to cancel it wo activation. I told her aside from the rewards I also want to keep AAoA up. I was told by the CR that since they gave me a card my AAoA would have already have come down so canceling would not help. Is she right about that guys ? Also told me in 3 rd week of July she would put in for PC to cash+ signature but would not guarantee that it will be approved. So my two questions are was she right about AAoA wo activation  and should I wait and hope for PC or just ditch the card ? Please help me.

Thanks

Hank

Message 58 of 98
Ron1
Super Contributor

Hank,

You might want to keep the card if I were you. It is because you already took the inquiry. Use it and build credit history with US Bank. They might upgrade your account into Cash+ Visa Signature. By the way, what type of the card did they approve?

Ron.

Message 59 of 98
HankNY
Valued Member

Thanks Ron,

I got Visa Cash rewards it gives 1 % back thats all. What about AAoA ?  If I cancel it will it increase it. Will not that be better in long term.

Message 60 of 98
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.