Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surprise from discover

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Surprise from discover

Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 7.35.36 PM.png

Checked Discover TU Fico. Not too bad for over 30 inquiries on each report Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Surprise from discover

@Anonymous wrote:

Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 7.35.36 PM.png

Checked Discover TU Fico. Not too bad for over 30 inquiries on each report Smiley Tongue

So....

That basically means you have a lot of denials? I don't understand.

Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

90% approvals Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You have 81 new accounts?

Message 4 of 22
Erusidhion
Frequent Contributor

Inquiries and gardening are overrated I think although it's pushed a lot on these forums. I used to believe in it. But there's plenty of people here with 20+ inquiries on each bureau and credit scores from 660-720+ that still get approved for prime cards. Some get great limits, others like me get really low starting limits because they have a bad past or just new credit in general; I only have 14-15 months of credit history for example. But at least you're in with that creditor regardless of the limit. I do try and wait 6 months inbetween applications though as that seems to help. Until I stop applying for at least a year's time; I'll probably never see a Barclay or Citibank card. But that's no loss to me because of the plan I'm working on.

Everyone has their own credit agenda on these forums and they're going to do what they want anyways. Personally, if it weren't for these forums; I would've never became serious about credit. I thank myFICO every single day for what I have. I wish I would've know about these forums a little sooner but that's alright.

Congratulations on the score though.

EQ 654 -- 43 Inquiries
TU 695 -- 54 Inquiries
EX 668 -- 50 Inquiries

Utilization: 9% AAoA: 20 months Total History: 3Y
Updated: 08/04/2017 Premier 3B
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Erusidhion

Gt rid of your CreditOne lol
Message 6 of 22
Lyythine
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Who gave you access to a calculator? Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol lyythine. I was thinking the same thing.
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

OK, I'll give it to you, that was some quick math.   Didn't even occur to me... lol

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Erusidhion

Scores like that are ok if you're concern is applying for cards only. But if you're applying for mortgage and other loans, being 740+ is the expectation for best rates.

That being said, now that my score are up do to baddies falling off and being early excluded due to fabulous help here's, after I take care of a few things (refi house, refi cars, maybe heloc) then I'll app for what I want without regard to score and relax about putting every penny to paying to zero before statement dates.
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.