cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surprisingly great BoA experience this morning...

tag
lolabelle
Regular Contributor

Surprisingly great BoA experience this morning...

I called BoA to get a whole bunch of information on my accounts (exact dates of establishment, statement closing dates, etc...).  

While I was on, the gentleman spontaneously lowered the interest rate on one of my cards from 15.99% to 13.99% and gave me a promotional APR of 2.99% for the next few months (which I won't use, really, but it was a nice surprise offer).

Then, he suggested that if I ever wanted to consolidate cards with them (I have 3), I could get a CLI on one for almost the full amount of the other, which would reduce the CL of the other.  This was a great option for me because I have one card that is quite old, and another that is newer.  So while I was on with him, he compressed the newer one into the older one, giving me a larger CL on the older card and he then closed the newer one at my request.  He also assured me that this would only require a soft pull - that there wouldn't be a hard pull on my account.

All in all, kind of awesome!

Starting Score: 732 (EQ)
Current Score: EQ 08 - 837! Whoo!! (5/14/14);EQ 04 - 795! (5/15/14) 748 (TU - 5/21/12); 760 (EX - 4/16/12 AMEX pull)
Original Goal Score: 760+ EQ --> decimated!
New Goal Score: Just keep swimming...

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
android01
Valued Contributor

Re: Surprisingly great BoA experience this morning...

@lolabelle wrote:

I called BoA to get a whole bunch of information on my accounts (exact dates of establishment, statement closing dates, etc...).  

While I was on, the gentleman spontaneously lowered the interest rate on one of my cards from 15.99% to 13.99% and gave me a promotional APR of 2.99% for the next few months (which I won't use, really, but it was a nice surprise offer).

Then, he suggested that if I ever wanted to consolidate cards with them (I have 3), I could get a CLI on one for almost the full amount of the other, which would reduce the CL of the other.  This was a great option for me because I have one card that is quite old, and another that is newer.  So while I was on with him, he compressed the newer one into the older one, giving me a larger CL on the older card and he then closed the newer one at my request.  He also assured me that this would only require a soft pull - that there wouldn't be a hard pull on my account.

All in all, kind of awesome!

Very cool, and surprising for BoA!  I'd double check that it was a soft pull, however.  CSR's are notorious for saying one thing and doing another.  Smiley Happy

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 2 of 9
lolabelle
Regular Contributor

Thanks, I'll definitely check!  I figured it was worth it either way, since I already have a few recent HPs that need to age off, anyway...

Current Score: EQ 08 - 837! Whoo!! (5/14/14);EQ 04 - 795! (5/15/14) 748 (TU - 5/21/12); 760 (EX - 4/16/12 AMEX pull)

Message 3 of 9
lolabelle
Regular Contributor

@android01 wrote:

Very cool, and surprising for BoA!  I'd double check that it was a soft pull, however.  CSR's are notorious for saying one thing and doing an other.  Smiley Happy

Well, you were right - I pulled TU a little while ago just for kicks, and they did, in fact, do a HP. Bummer. Blah. Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 9
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

I agree. That's nice!

Message 5 of 9
clocktick
Valued Contributor

@lolabelle wrote:

@android01 wrote:

Very cool, and surprising for BoA!  I'd double check that it was a soft pull, however.  CSR's are notorious for saying one thing and doing an other.  Smiley Happy

Well, you were right - I pulled TU a little while ago just for kicks, and they did, in fact, do a HP. Bummer. Blah. Smiley Sad

No surprise there.  It's awesome you received the lower interest rate and combined limit though!  Did you get the guy's extension?  Maybe you coud call him back regarding the HP? 

On a side note, does BOA usually pull TU?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Message 6 of 9
FrugalRican
Blogger

I'm always weary whenever someone says they have a "great BoA constrictor experience". There's always a catch.

At least you got a CLI out of it, even if it did cost a HP.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 7 of 9
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Hmm... Maybe I should give BofA a call to see if they can do something about 20.99% APR on my card. Don't want to risk hard pull though.

Message 8 of 9
lolabelle
Regular Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Hmm... Maybe I should give BofA a call to see if they can do something about 20.99% APR on my card. Don't want to risk hard pull though.

It might be worth a shot.  My understanding is that he didn't do the HP when he lowered my APR.  He did it to see if I could get the CLI in order to compress the two cards.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.