cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspicious Call Saying Visa will lower my interest rate??????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Suspicious Call Saying Visa will lower my interest rate??????

cc companies will never call you and ask for your SSN. Scam alert

Message 61 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joeyoey wrote:

I've heard the IRS NEVER calls.  They'll send you mail & they come to see you, but they don't call.

+1

Message 62 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

This just happened to me. The guy on the other end said it looked like I had over $2,000 in CC debt, was that correct? I told him that no, no that wasn't correct... Call ended. Nice try, bud.
Message 63 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scam. Might as well give them all your credit card numbers in addition to your SSN (dont' do this).

Then again, I forget that many thousands of people are being taken in by these IRS scams where someone calls you and says they are from the IRS, and tells you to wire them money.

Right. And I'm the King of Siam. Smiley Happy

Message 64 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

I ban hammer each phone # when those calls come.

Message 65 of 68
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Scam. Might as well give them all your credit card numbers in addition to your SSN (dont' do this).

Then again, I forget that many thousands of people are being taken in by these IRS scams where someone calls you and says they are from the IRS, and tells you to wire them money.

Right. And I'm the King of Siam. Smiley Happy

You are the king of Siam?   Wow.   I just got a nice email from a Nigerian prince who is going to give me $2M in exchange for me helping him bring $99M here.  I am so glad he chose me

Message 66 of 68
Aarvard
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got a call today from San Diego. The persn said they can lower all of my Visa and Mastercard interest rates.  He says he works for Visa.  He asked for my SSN but I asked him to call back so I could ask here.  Does anyone know anything about this?

Next time he calls, tell him that you are currently in the police department filing a report Smiley Very Happy

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 67 of 68
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got a call today from San Diego. The persn said they can lower all of my Visa and Mastercard interest rates.  He says he works for Visa.  He asked for my SSN but I asked him to call back so I could ask here.  Does anyone know anything about this?

Block the number and do not call back.

Thye are debt consolidators who will tell you that they can lower your interest rate which is BS. You sign up then they will tell you not to pay your bills so its easier to lower your rate or get a settlement. Nothing is guaranteed you your credit gets damaged.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 68 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.