cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suze Orman said...

tag
Established Contributor

Re: Suze Orman said...

I just saw the show this weekend and cannot remember the exact amount of the CC debt she was trying to carry. However, if it was 150k, according to the Suze Orman "test", then this particular woman was bankrupt twice over! 
Message Edited by plasticman on 08-10-2009 01:30 PM
Message 11 of 17
Eurosooner7
New Contributor

+1

BK

FICO Score challenge 2011

1. GOAL 750

2. CURRENT 687 695 679

3 PLANS Decrease UTIL %..Im currently at 75% EEEEKKK!!!
Message 12 of 17
bobtail
Regular Contributor

I watched this show.  Suzie, was equally concerned with the quality of life this nurse was having.  Being a responsible person who had always paid her debt, she was becoming physically ill over her current financial picture.  The worry had consumed her 24/7, and her health was suffering.  Suzie's, question to her, "Where would your family be, if something happened to you"?  With her debt and health, I think, Suzie, was correct telling her to claim bankruptcy.  Explaining, that is what the law is for!  No amount of debt is worth your life.

On the air, they did not go into reason's for the debt. Suzie, was satisfied the circumstance's were beyond her control.

Message 13 of 17
Established Contributor

@bobtail wrote:

I watched this show.  Suzie, was equally concerned with the quality of life this nurse was having.  Being a responsible person who had always paid her debt, she was becoming physically ill over her current financial picture.  The worry had consumed her 24/7, and her health was suffering.  Suzie's, question to her, "Where would your family be, if something happened to you"?  With her debt and health, I think, Suzie, was correct telling her to claim bankruptcy.  Explaining, that is what the law is for!  No amount of debt is worth your life.

On the air, they did not go into reason's for the debt. Suzie, was satisfied the circumstance's were beyond her control.

bobtail,

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought I heard this particular had a home in Hawaii and was renting on the west coast somewhere and said much of the debt was incurred while trying to sell her Hawaii house after she had moved. When her Hawaian home sold for a significant loss she could not pay the CC debt back as she had planned.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure of this ladies particular circumstances, but with the new Bankruptcy Laws, she may not be able to discharge all the debt.

Obviously I hope she gets the assistance of a qualified Bankruptcy Attorney.

Message 15 of 17
bobtail
Regular Contributor

Plasticman,

Sorry, I did not catch that part.  You are probably correct.  I related to the health issues and the impact to her quality of life. I hope she gets the help she needs.  I  had a close family member loose their life over finances.

Message Edited by bobtail on 08-10-2009 05:12 PM
Message 16 of 17
Established Contributor

@bobtail wrote:

Plasticman,

Sorry, I did not catch that part.  You are probably correct.  I related to the health issues and the impact to the quality of life. I hope she gets the help she needs.  I have had a close family member loose their life due to financial ruin.

I completely agree and my condolences to you and yours for such a loss. I cannot imagine how difficult such a loss would be.

Message Edited by plasticman on 08-10-2009 05:17 PM
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.