Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SwagBucks Visa

tag
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

SwagBucks Visa

This is an FNBO card that I applied for because of the free EX FICO score.  Unfortunately, they pulled EQ where I had 18 inquiries and after this one I am at 19.  So they offer free EX scores, but pull EQ for apps.  Go figure!  Has anyone else ever applied for this card?  There's nothing really outstanding about it other than the FICO score.  It offers 1.25% cash back and is available in a signature version.  The black color looks cool and obviously the fact that it says "swag" on it is intrinsically sweet much like a three wolf moon t-shirt.

I'm hoping the underwriting is a little less stringent, as I know FNBO is not fond of excess inquiries.  Does anyone else have this card??

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
JenniferinFL
Frequent Contributor

Re: SwagBucks Visa

I recently was approved for this card. On my Quizzle Equifax FAKO I have 4 inquiries for the year and a FAKO 688, BUT they definitely didn't pull Equifax and they didn't pull TU or I would have gotten a notice from CreditKarma. For me, they must have pulled Experian. Unfortunately I have no way of knowing how many inquiries I have on that as I don't have and credit monitoring right now other than CreditKarma, Quizzle and CreditSesame.

Current Cards: Cap 1 Journey $3000, Cap 1 Playstation $2250, WFNNB Store Cards $2450 combined, Target $700, CareCredit $1700, Barclay Rewards Plat. Mastercard $1800, Old Navy $300, DCU Platinum Rewards Visa $2000, Swagbucks Rewards Visa $1000

Starting Score: 615 EQ (03-15-2012) 600 TU (03-21-2012 Barclays app) ) Ch.7 discharged 5/2009

Current Score: 671 EQ (09-27-2014 DCU) 660 TU (9/26/14 Barclays) Ex 688 (10/07/2014 Swagbucks)

Gardening since 9/22/2014

Message 2 of 26
JenniferinFL
Frequent Contributor

Oh yeah, additionally, they don't instant approve. I applied on Saturday and got an email that they had received my app on Monday and then found out it was approved yesterday morning. So, not exactly fast turn around. I think all they do is manual like the rest of FNBO. The check your app site didn't work until Monday.

Is this where you're checking or a different site?

https://www.firstbankcard.com/appstatus/

Current Cards: Cap 1 Journey $3000, Cap 1 Playstation $2250, WFNNB Store Cards $2450 combined, Target $700, CareCredit $1700, Barclay Rewards Plat. Mastercard $1800, Old Navy $300, DCU Platinum Rewards Visa $2000, Swagbucks Rewards Visa $1000

Starting Score: 615 EQ (03-15-2012) 600 TU (03-21-2012 Barclays app) ) Ch.7 discharged 5/2009

Current Score: 671 EQ (09-27-2014 DCU) 660 TU (9/26/14 Barclays) Ex 688 (10/07/2014 Swagbucks)

Gardening since 9/22/2014

Message 3 of 26
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Thank you for the info!  I just got the email today stating that my application was recieved.

Credit Card Application Status

Thank you for applying for our Credit Card. Your application has been received, and generally the review time is around 10 to 14 days. We will contact you if there is any additional information that we need in order to make a decision on your application.

To check the status of your application, please visit https://www.firstbankcard.com/appstatus and enter the information you used to complete your application.

Thank you.

Cards are issued by First Bankcard, a division of First National Bank of Omaha.

Please do not reply to this email. To ensure delivery of our emails to your inbox, please add eService@online.yourbankcard.com to your address book.
Privacy Policy | Security Statement
Message 4 of 26
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

I guess I'll know more in a week or so.  I'm really not expecting much considering the large number of inquiries I have.

Status says "PENDING" right now.

Message 5 of 26
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@JenniferinFL wrote:

Oh yeah, additionally, they don't instant approve. I applied on Saturday and got an email that they had received my app on Monday and then found out it was approved yesterday morning. So, not exactly fast turn around. I think all they do is manual like the rest of FNBO. The check your app site didn't work until Monday.

Is this where you're checking or a different site?

https://www.firstbankcard.com/appstatus/

When I applied my Overstock MC it was an instant approval, so they do have instant approval.

Message 6 of 26
vpae
Established Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

This is an FNBO card that I applied for because of the free EX FICO score.  Unfortunately, they pulled EQ where I had 18 inquiries and after this one I am at 19.  So they offer free EX scores, but pull EQ for apps.  Go figure!  Has anyone else ever applied for this card?  There's nothing really outstanding about it other than the FICO score.  It offers 1.25% cash back and is available in a signature version.  The black color looks cool and obviously the fact that it says "swag" on it is intrinsically sweet much like a three wolf moon t-shirt.

I'm hoping the underwriting is a little less stringent, as I know FNBO is not fond of excess inquiries.  Does anyone else have this card??

I'm actually a pretty active swagbucks user so I heard about this when it first came out. But since there's not really a great sign up bonus, the reward structure isn't really impressive by any means, and I find the card/idea more silly than anything else. haha. I already have an FNBO card for the free FICO, so I never considered this card.

BUT swagbucks is pretty sweet. I've earned a lot over this past year, this screenshot doesn't even cover it all. But.. that conersation is for a differnet forum. lol Smiley Happy

GL to those who applies! FNBO pulled EX for me back in 2012.

Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 9.28.05 AM.png

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 7 of 26
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@JenniferinFL wrote:

I recently was approved for this card. On my Quizzle Equifax FAKO I have 4 inquiries for the year and a FAKO 688, BUT they definitely didn't pull Equifax and they didn't pull TU or I would have gotten a notice from CreditKarma. For me, they must have pulled Experian. Unfortunately I have no way of knowing how many inquiries I have on that as I don't have and credit monitoring right now other than CreditKarma, Quizzle and CreditSesame.

You should be able to see the number of inquiries on www.credit.com for EX. Also CS should have alerted  the pull on EX.  Both services are free Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pretty neat card. It puts the swagger in our walk!
Message 9 of 26
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Pretty neat card. It puts the swagger in our walk!

Well thanks alot...  Now I really want it!  Everyone could use a little extra swagger in their walk!

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.