Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SwagBucks Visa

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SwagBucks Visa

I had 7 inquiries on my Experian report when I applied for the New York Life VISA Sig and I was declined because of too many inquiries, I wonder if this card is a little more lenient.

Message 11 of 26
JenniferinFL
Frequent Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@JenniferinFL wrote:

I recently was approved for this card. On my Quizzle Equifax FAKO I have 4 inquiries for the year and a FAKO 688, BUT they definitely didn't pull Equifax and they didn't pull TU or I would have gotten a notice from CreditKarma. For me, they must have pulled Experian. Unfortunately I have no way of knowing how many inquiries I have on that as I don't have and credit monitoring right now other than CreditKarma, Quizzle and CreditSesame.

You should be able to see the number of inquiries on www.credit.com for EX. Also CS should have alerted  the pull on EX.  Both services are free Smiley Happy

Yeah, somehow I missed signing up for alerts on Credit Sesame, signed up now though. Credit.com just scared me enough to get my free annual report as it told me I had 11 recent lates. Honestly, I pretty much freaked out. BUT, it turns out it counts the accounts included in bankruptcy as lates and my actual bankruptcy is also counted as a late.. lol

So, the answer is that I have 2 inquiries in the last 12 months on Experian and one of them was FNBO. It was interesting to see that American Express has been softing my credit regularly. Weird.

Current Cards: Cap 1 Journey $3000, Cap 1 Playstation $2250, WFNNB Store Cards $2450 combined, Target $700, CareCredit $1700, Barclay Rewards Plat. Mastercard $1800, Old Navy $300, DCU Platinum Rewards Visa $2000, Swagbucks Rewards Visa $1000

Starting Score: 615 EQ (03-15-2012) 600 TU (03-21-2012 Barclays app) ) Ch.7 discharged 5/2009

Current Score: 671 EQ (09-27-2014 DCU) 660 TU (9/26/14 Barclays) Ex 688 (10/07/2014 Swagbucks)

Gardening since 9/22/2014

Message 12 of 26
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Declined.

Message 13 of 26
JenniferinFL
Frequent Contributor

Ugh, that sucks. Too bad they pulled Equifax for you. Seems kind of odd for them, you would think they would have pulled Experian.

Current Cards: Cap 1 Journey $3000, Cap 1 Playstation $2250, WFNNB Store Cards $2450 combined, Target $700, CareCredit $1700, Barclay Rewards Plat. Mastercard $1800, Old Navy $300, DCU Platinum Rewards Visa $2000, Swagbucks Rewards Visa $1000

Starting Score: 615 EQ (03-15-2012) 600 TU (03-21-2012 Barclays app) ) Ch.7 discharged 5/2009

Current Score: 671 EQ (09-27-2014 DCU) 660 TU (9/26/14 Barclays) Ex 688 (10/07/2014 Swagbucks)

Message 14 of 26
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@JenniferinFL wrote:

Ugh, that sucks. Too bad they pulled Equifax for you. Seems kind of odd for them, you would think they would have pulled Experian.

Meh...  It's fine.  Not a surprise.  idk if you can recon with them or not, but I probably wont even try.  I was just looking for a free FICO.  No big deal.

My EQ FAKO only dropped 2 points over the inquiry.  I should recover that within a few days to a week.  You'd be surprised how little difference one more inquiry makes when you're talking about the difference between 18 and 19.  lol

I've had sooo many inquiries this year that I have kindof just written the entire year off.  I am definately putting in one more app for CSP this winter and then I am going to make my new years resolution be NO apps in 2015.

Message 15 of 26
JenniferinFL
Frequent Contributor

That's how I was in 2012. I had a ton of inquiries. But, I got frustrated with how slowly my scores were improving and decided to just step away from Myfico for awhile. Only meant to leave for 6 months, but, it was almost two years.. lol

I'm shocked really that after my app spree I only have 2 inquiries per credit bureau and nothing left to app for. With a bankruptcy, there's a whole bunch of stuff I can't get no matter how high I get my score and that's most of the good stuff.. lol

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wacdenney wrote:

@JenniferinFL wrote:

Meh...  It's fine.  Not a surprise.  idk if you can recon with them or not, but I probably wont even try.  I was just looking for a free FICO.  No big deal.

My EQ FAKO only dropped 2 points over the inquiry.  I should recover that within a few days to a week.  You'd be surprised how little difference one more inquiry makes when you're talking about the difference between 18 and 19.  lol

I've had sooo many inquiries this year that I have kindof just written the entire year off.  I am definately putting in one more app for CSP this winter and then I am going to make my new years resolution be NO apps in 2015.

I'm in the same boat, I have 11 on Equifax and 8 on Experian. I will use one more EX for AMEX and one more EQ for a Charles Schwab Checking account then i'm done.

Message 17 of 26
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@JenniferinFL wrote:

That's how I was in 2012. I had a ton of inquiries. But, I got frustrated with how slowly my scores were improving and decided to just step away from Myfico for awhile. Only meant to leave for 6 months, but, it was almost two years.. lol

I'm shocked really that after my app spree I only have 2 inquiries per credit bureau and nothing left to app for. With a bankruptcy, there's a whole bunch of stuff I can't get no matter how high I get my score and that's most of the good stuff.. lol

Yes...  This is exactly what I will need.  I am going to have to walk away and forget about it all.  2 years would be ideal for sure, but I am going to have to make myself do at least one.  I've come so far so fast that it really shouldn't be as hard as it is.  There's just always one more card I have to have or one more excuse to app one more time.

I may end up having to go to CA...  Credaholics Anonymous!

Message 18 of 26
keithB
Established Contributor

Message 19 of 26
twall06
Frequent Contributor

@JenniferinFL wrote:

I was just reading through the forum and was thinking exactly what you said. Some find myfico and become consumed with getting more cards that are not even wanted or needed to just have them not directed at Op just in general you see it a lot here. I have not been getting on as much lately it helps avoid temptation and keeps me from banging my head against the wall seeing how stubborn some people are after they ask for advice and ignore it. And knowing what you want and setting goals helps stay on track . My goal is to get a house until that happens I will be gardening .

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.