Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sweet deal or, at least I think SO!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet deal or, at least I think SO!

Logged on to my BCE account and a pop up appeared offering to upgrade it to a BCP with the $95 annual fee. 

As well as a $150 statement credit if I spend $1000 in 3 months (will not have any problem doing, I will do that in two weeks!) 

I love the 6% on groceries up to 6k. Will use that up easily in less than a year. The 3% on gas will work as well. 

Nice deal I think.

Anyone else get this offer recently?

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sweet deal or, at least I think SO!

@Anonymous wrote:

Logged on to my BCE account and a pop up appeared offering to upgrade it to a BCP with the $95 annual fee. 

As well as a $150 statement credit if I spend $1000 in 3 months (will not have any problem doing, I will do that in two weeks!) 

I love the 6% on groceries up to 6k. Will use that up easily in less than a year. The 3% on gas will work as well. 

Nice deal I think.

Yeah others have received the same offer (seems to be generic offer that they have going on right now) and my advice would be the same.  In your case though if you spend more than the $6K on groceries it appears to be worthwhile to upgrade.

Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree if you meet the spend anyway go ahead and upgrade. I recently upgraded...sadly I was never given an offer, but I already charge $1000+/mo. Maybe they knew they'd just be giving money away. They did however decide to wave the fee for the first year without me asking...extra $95 as I see it. That was nice of them.
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I took a screen shot of the $150 statement credit offer once upgraded just in case they try any funny business down the line.

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice deal I think.

Yeah others have received the same offer (seems to be generic offer that they have going on right now) and my advice would be the same.  In your case though if you spend more than the $6K on groceries it appears to be worthwhile to upgrade.

already did the upgrade. It's well worth it for me. The $150 statement credit after meeting the 1k  spend is a no brainer for me.

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't mind me asking, how long did you have the card before they offered you this??

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you don't mind me asking, how long did you have the card before they offered you this??

That's a great question.

12th statement cut.

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not the OP, but I was offered the upgrade a year after opening my BCE. Since I had heard that they sometimes offer a bonus to upgrade, I waited. A couple weeks later, the offer showed up in my account and I took it. Smiley Happy  We spend A LOT on groceries, so it was a no-brainer for me. 

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's really cool! Nice that you were able to get a bonus too 😃
Message 9 of 22
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

I did the same offer at the begining of the year simply because my car insurance for 12 months was due 1/7.  Everything updated to Preferred online within 36-48 hours and I was able to charge my premium and collect the $150 right away.  The $150 credit showed up pretty quick as well within a couple of days.  They also prorate the AF if you're in the middle of the year it's only a portion of the $95.  I opened mine in August and accepted in Jan and the fee showed up in Feb for ~$40-45 which was a nice surprise instead of the full $95.

Still debating on whether I'm downgrading when it comes due again or keep it.  

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.