Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch SEARS MASTERCARD to another CITI card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Switch SEARS MASTERCARD to another CITI card

@jgodfrey82 wrote:
Hold on everyone! You are missing the most important part of the OP's first post. ..

" I don't know if you're familiar with Huntington bank but they're here in the midwest. They granted me credit without a hard pull but they've been the only creditor to do so that I've dealt with. What do you guys think?"

So does Huntington really issue CC without HP? Do they HP for membership or must be a member for app? I haven't looked on creditpulls but if anyone knows?

This is it:

https://www.huntington.com/pas/creditcard/

Message 11 of 14
taxi818
Super Contributor

In fact there are many thT don't do hard pulls. But citi is not one of them. We don't really guess when giving info. Facts only. Even without said hard pull the new account will kill AA of A. This is why we don't do shopping cart trick to obtain more and more credit. It's useless. As stated before. If not needed. Leave it. It's just that simple.

Message 12 of 14
jgodfrey82
Regular Contributor

Thanks im not interested in opinions either just asking about Huntington issuing visa with 9.9 rate without HP? Anyone know the fact on that or just an anomaly with OP or used his membership pull?

I know about shopping cart trick and im not interested in store cards and fully aware of AAoA.

Jwgeagle - did they HP for your initial membership at Huntington? Also if they say you cant PC with citi cobranded I would believe it, there are plenty of hard and fast rules and these guys know their stuff!
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jgodfrey82 wrote:
Thanks im not interested in opinions either just asking about Huntington issuing visa with 9.9 rate without HP? Anyone know the fact on that or just an anomaly with OP or used his membership pull?

I know about shopping cart trick and im not interested in store cards and fully aware of AAoA.

Jwgeagle - did they HP for your initial membership at Huntington? Also if they say you cant PC with citi cobranded I would believe it, there are plenty of hard and fast rules and these guys know their stuff!

To prevent a denial on my app for the quicksilver card, due to the inquiry/new credit (which never appeared) for the Voice card, I applied the same day for both of them.  I looked and kept looking and only the Cap Quick inquiry ever showed up.  It's consistent when I check my Cap 1 credit tracker TU score and my FICO profile.  It never showed up.  I told the banker at Huntington I was concerned I wouldn't be approved because of a lot of new credit.  She casually asked what's your score and said "you'll be fine."  That was it.  I don't think they did a hard pull for opening my initial account because I look obsessively at all of my inquiries waiting for them to drop off.  I was lucky but now I wonder if I can replicate the same luckiness.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.