New Contributor
GBC

Switching to a *different* card

I am an authorized user on a Citi World card. I'm signed up with UPROMISE (the save-for-your-kiddies-for-college program) and me and the card owner would like to switch to the UPROMISE World card. What's involved in exchanging one card for the other, particularly when the cards are basically the same thing minus the added goodies?

Thanks!

Valued Contributor
debtisgood

Re: Switching to a *different* card

Citi is normally very good about this sort of thing, especially when the cards are of the same tier. Be warned you may lose any bonus points if you have some from whe you got the original card. Have the card owner call up and ask for a "product change." The card history should migrate over just fine. Make it clear you want to keep the account but change products, not get a new account.

Goodluck!

Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

I recently read a thread that UPROMISE is moving to a new lender- 
Established Contributor
MojaveMoon

FWIW, here is some information that I had found about the switch to the new lender:

( link )

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+