Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Cards Question (WM, Amazon, Gap)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sync Cards Question (WM, Amazon, Gap)

I have read before I hit the LUV button to wait four statements and charge each month.  

My question is, can I pay in pull after I've made my charge to qualify for one of the months of activity or should I leave a balance?  

Thank you

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

Re: Sync Cards Question (WM, Amazon, Gap)

Im interested in this aswell. Just got lowes and curious as to what to do. Currently im planing on carrying no more then $20 for the first 6 months and then asking for CLI to 25k

AMEX PRG (NPSL) Lowes (10k) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3.5k) Citi DC (2.6K) BofA (2.5K)M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1800) Slate (1k)
Future Cards Sallie Mae, US Bank Cash+, Freedom
Goal increase CLs by 20k in 2015
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not 100% sure about this.  To be safe, I'd let the statement cut and then pay in full.

Message 3 of 7
KneelBeforeZod
Frequent Contributor

When I had my old Wallyworld store card, I would always pay the card in full before the statement cut. I saw regular CLIs this way.

I honestly believe as long as you show usage, you will have success. There is a theory that they like to see balances carried as well. I never tested that theory to be honest.
Current Scores (Dec 20, 2015) - EQ=719 EX=739 TU=740
Message 4 of 7
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

@KneelBeforeZod wrote:
When I had my old Wallyworld store card, I would always pay the card in full before the statement cut. I saw regular CLIs this way.

I honestly believe as long as you show usage, you will have success. There is a theory that they like to see balances carried as well. I never tested that theory to be honest.

+1

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 5 of 7
isadorer

Smiley Very Happyhi, i am new here but i had my  old navy  credit card for  3 months logged in today they auto increase me after 3 months didn't hit love button.was300 now $650.00

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have read before I hit the LUV button to wait four statements and charge each month.  

My question is, can I pay in pull after I've made my charge to qualify for one of the months of activity or should I leave a balance?  

Thank you

As far as if that 4 statement "rule" is true or not I don't know. My Walmart started out at $150 cl and was auto increased in a little less than 3 months to $1100. I CAN answer your question tthough, because it just happened to me on my December statement. Had left $1.45 balance on there so I'd get a statement and then decided to pay it right before it cut because I didn't believe that it wouldn't generate a statement after using the card that month. Paid the $1.45 and ended up with no statement. When I click on statements it goes from November to January. The activity is showing in "billing activity" but there's no statement for December. Let a few bucks report if you want a statement.

My Amazon store card is different. When I paid in full I still got a statement. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.