Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync bank anxiety

tag
emily15
Regular Contributor

Sync bank anxiety

So I was recently approved for CLI via luv button on amazon and old navy.
Received 7-10 message on Walmart.
Very high uti on PayPal (can pay but using 6 months no interest)
Was approved for marvel last night with a 1k SL

Now of course... just my luck.. I request 9800 via website tonight for marvel and get the 7-10 message, and was not too worried about this until I discovered several posts about the "blue envelope" from sync which I must say I still don't quite understand.

Sync has taken AA on me in the past on my old navy card (was 2 days late on payment, CL was decreased from 3k to 300) which was just raised to 600..

ANYWAY, should I be worried or am I letting the forums give me anxiety (again).

I would love some more info on what the blue envelope is since I can't seem to find a solid explanation. Although, I'm not curious enough to want one! Lol Smiley Tongue thanks in advance guys
6 REPLIES 6
emily15
Regular Contributor

Re: Sync bank anxiety

Also, apparently I'm reading all the wrong posts. That's what got me to request the CLI on marvel in the first place Smiley Tongue Smiley Sad

Anyway, I will have to just wait and see and not do ANYTHING else with sync, hopefully I am stressing for no reason 🤞
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your not the only one that had an oopsie moment with synch. Monday I got 5k via chat on my Walmart card. Told the wife about it, logged into Ole Navy to pif, friend pulled up, sat phone down and went out and chatted with him. Walk back in and wife had already clicked the love button to no avail and was awaiting chat to approve or decline a 5k cli request. Of course it was a 7-10 day as the card is only three weeks old... A little anxious myself at the moment.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No one knows what triggers Sync blue envelopes.....there are a few common factors. I won't name them because I'm lazy 😂 But  I want to add, many posters here have had no AA with Sync, but also many have. 🤷🏽‍♀️

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/What-the-heck-is-going-on-with-Synchrony/m-p/4669682/hi...  This is a full thread on the blue envelope. 

Message 4 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

You should be fine, lol, in my opinion , chances of a blue envelope are more likely when apping multiple Sync cards in a short period, having a high income, though this may be a contributing factor in perhaps something doesnt add up somewhere, and perhaps multiple cli requests in short time.

The fact is there is no real idea on how to get one but requesting a cli every once in awhile is normal. Ive got multiple denial letters this year alone and im still okSmiley Wink Your account may receive a little more attention due to your lates but heck, we are human it happens. If you dont get a cli now try again in a month or two. As your report and scores get better its much easier to requestSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 7
emily15
Regular Contributor

Thank you!! Fingers crossed 🤞
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.