Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synch 4506T-EZ ponderings...

tag
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

Synch 4506T-EZ ponderings...

I do not hold any Synch cards, but I've been watching the proceedings regarding account freezes and 4506T-EZ requests with a great deal of interest. I'm sure this has been proposed somewhere before, but I haven't come across it in my reading (maybe it's buried in the 50+ page thread?)...

Does anyone think this might be an additional revenue stream for Synch? I mean, does LexisNexis pay for data? If so, by having Synch provide tax transcripts to LN, if there a chance they are being compensated for this? In essence, Synch is doing some seriously invasive data mining for LN, and LN can then sell that data to others, if I'm reading their privacy policy correctly.

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synch 4506T-EZ ponderings...

The top 4 3rd party data and legal information collectors (LN is one of them) earn $8.5 billion per year through all of the activities they conduct, which are broad in nature.

LN would be compensated for providing a service in processing the 4506t's. No one is saying that they are selling our data. They just have had class-action lawsuits against them in the past for repeatedly violating the FCRA.

I think most of us are just saying we don't trust them, not necessarily saying they are selling our data.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you are right, this is more data collection to serve LexisNexis, and I am sure they are paying for it, as they sell it.

2013 LexisNexis and Dun & Bradstreet were infiltrated by hackers who sold personal data on as many a 4 million US citizens online.

I trust them to hold my data......sure...

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

2013 LexisNexis and Dun & Bradstreet were infiltrated by hackers who sold personal data on as many a 4 million US citizens online.

I trust them to hold my data......sure...

+1000

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep in mind BobbyLee, they may not be holding the data per se, just processing it -  but most of us are not going to trust them to find out.

Message 5 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Where billions are to be made im sure their are short cuts to help keep making those billionsSmiley Happy . When it comes to that kind of money im sure wthics are thrown right out ghe windowSmiley Happy. *not everyone but you know their are people in this world who would sell their own mother for the almighty dollar!Smiley Sad Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
 their are people in this world who would sell their own mother for the almighty dollar!Smiley Sad Smiley Happy

Make me an offer!

Message 7 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
 their are people in this world who would sell their own mother for the almighty dollar!Smiley Sad Smiley Happy

Make me an offer!

Smiley Very Happywow

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.