cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synch Amazon Denied CLI due to ....bad telephone # ?? !!

tag
n777ua
Established Contributor

Synch Amazon Denied CLI due to ....bad telephone # ?? !!

Applied for Amazon prime card and was approved for $3200 CL.  I called to ask for an additional $15k which was denied b/c they stated my telephone couldn't receive text messages or wasn't authorized ? ? This is a first for me, but he offered to try another number and I gave him my business number.  No dice.  He said if I had a landline we could try that...I did.  No dice.  CLI increase denied.  What the.....? Has anyone else ever had this before  ?

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synch Amazon Denied CLI due to ....bad telephone # ?? !!

Never heard of this before. Was there a box to check that they could send you a text message? For most security I have had a choice of text message, phone call or email.

Sorry that happened to you, OP.

Message 2 of 5
n777ua
Established Contributor

I called credit solutions to ask directly, I didn't request online.  It was weird...

Synch is SP, right ? I don't want to go through a HP every time I try this and I have a feeling this is going to take a phone call or two to straighten out Smiley Wink

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've heard of this happening to quite a few people, but if I remember correctly Synchrony would only allow them to choose from a number already listed on their credit reports for them to send the verification text/call to.

I had something weird happen to me after I requested a CLI on my Walmart card last time, but I'm not sure if they are related or not. Shortly after requesting the CLI on a "Sunday" night I got a call on my home phone from LexisNexis Risk Solutions (I didn't answer it, I googled the number later). My gut feeling at the time was that it had something to do with my CLI request, because I've never had a call from them before or since. Plus after researching I saw a few posts on the web about Synchrony using LexisNexis Risk Solutions for verification, but I don't know for sure. The whole thing was weird to me so I thought I'd share.

Message 4 of 5
ddemari
Super Contributor

even though Amazon will give you the credit card numbers after you are approved by verification on the phone. They might be easier on your once you receive the card from them.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.