Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synch. Bank Makes No Sense To Me

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Synch. Bank Makes No Sense To Me

Hate/ Love/ Hate/ Love relationship Synch bank over the years. I used to have an amazon store card when rebuilding, I always carried a balance on it and they never would up the limit until my 15th statement and they gave me a 150 CLI. Closed that card in early 2014. 

Opened up a gap card in early 2014, initial CL $200, every 4 months like clock work a CLI and even chat sucess 2 months after a previous CLI card is now over $4k limit.

I have a Banana Republic card that is 6 months old. My TU FICO from the last soft pull Synch bank letter was dated March 15, 2015 Score 742.

My score has dropped to 720's due to new cards. But still that score is higher than when I was approved for the card. I use the card monthly, generate a statement and still no LUV. Chatted them up, hit the button and nothing... I have never had luck with credit solutions. I just think its weird they wont give me an increase on that card lol. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Re: Synch. Bank Makes No Sense To Me

I know that feeling because I have the same relationship with them it's like they will raise my Lowe's my Amazon card along with my Sam's but they will not raise the credit limit on rooms to go card at all.   For the life of me I cannot figure  them out.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI...any account that requests what your initial purchase amount if known is going to be pulls experian for credit....i.e. rooms to go, ashley furnature, car care one, care credit, HH Gregg, Brandsmart, cost plus world market, etc. All the other accounts pull transunion. In my experience at least it is 10X easier to get a CLI on accounts they pull TU for then the accounts that pull Experian. They seem to be very stingy with the CLI that pull Experian.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't get above 600 on my Amazon card to save my life. Lol
Message 4 of 12
ddemari
Super Contributor

All my rejection letters have tu fico.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

FYI...any account that requests what your initial purchase amount if known is going to be pulls experian for credit....i.e. rooms to go, ashley furnature, car care one, care credit, HH Gregg, Brandsmart, cost plus world market, etc. All the other accounts pull transunion. In my experience at least it is 10X easier to get a CLI on accounts they pull TU for then the accounts that pull Experian. They seem to be very stingy with the CLI that pull Experian.

All of my synchrony cards do a soft pull from TU. Automated system online/phone always denies me. However I do request each month after statement posts. Customer service always approves me though. 

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pulled Experian for an online Lowes app 2 weeks ago. No initial purchase amount or anything. They also pulled Ex for Toys R Us a month ago as well.. All of my other apps have been thru TU

@Anonymous wrote:

So, I wouldn't put too much faith in that.. Esp. Since I went from $400 to $17000 with CS on the phone as soon as I was approved

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They pulled Experian for an online Lowes app 2 weeks ago. No initial purchase amount or anything. They also pulled Ex for Toys R Us a month ago as well.. All of my other apps have been thru TU

@Anonymous wrote:

So, I wouldn't put too much faith in that.. Esp. Since I went from $400 to $17000 with CS on the phone as soon as I was approved

Maybe it's where you are. Mine is always Transunion. The only one I have that does a hard pull is care credit. I went from 800 to 3500, 4k, then 6k on Walmart. 800 to 2k to 4k, 5k, then $6300 on gap. The last$1300 was auto cli. On care credit I sent from $1k to 9k

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tampa,Fl.. All CLI have been soft..

Message 9 of 12
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Maybe they are all controlled from what the "computer" says? Man Indifferent .........Smiley Very Happy

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.