Did you mean: 

Synch. Bank Makes No Sense To Me

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Synch. Bank Makes No Sense To Me

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They pulled Experian for an online Lowes app 2 weeks ago. No initial purchase amount or anything. They also pulled Ex for Toys R Us a month ago as well.. All of my other apps have been thru TU

@Anonymous wrote:

FYI...any account that requests what your initial purchase amount if known is going to be pulls experian for credit....i.e. rooms to go, ashley furnature, car care one, care credit, HH Gregg, Brandsmart, cost plus world market, etc. All the other accounts pull transunion. In my experience at least it is 10X easier to get a CLI on accounts they pull TU for then the accounts that pull Experian. They seem to be very stingy with the CLI that pull Experian.

So, I wouldn't put too much faith in that.. Esp. Since I went from $400 to $17000 with CS on the phone as soon as I was approved

Maybe it's where you are. Mine is always Transunion. The only one I have that does a hard pull is care credit. I went from 800 to 3500, 4k, then 6k on Walmart. 800 to 2k to 4k, 5k, then $6300 on gap. The last$1300 was auto cli. On care credit I sent from $1k to 9k

+1

I tend to think this must be regional as well.  For me, all of my Synchrony cards pulled TU for the new account - including Care Credit - and have so far also done SPs on TU for my CLIs.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synch. Bank Makes No Sense To Me

All my Sych cards have been TU, both at approval and SPs...Lowes, Toys R Us, Car Care, and Old Navy. Live in the Northeast.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.