Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synch closed 2 accounts on me.

tag
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Synch closed 2 accounts on me.

Didn't realize until I go the alert on myfico about 2 account changes...logged in and to see and noticed that both my care credit and SAMs club MC had been closed by grantor...first I thought oh oh...maybe I am getting AA by synch bank but found out they were closed because of inactivity for more than a year. Sams had a limit of 7500 and used it when I got in store approval and never again while care credit was never used...oh well, that's what I get for applying for cards that I really have no need...lesson learned.
gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Re: Synch closed 2 accounts on me.

That's a good point.

Or at the very least, if you think you might need them in the future, at least put something small through every 3 months.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 2 of 21
datrucking210
Established Contributor

Sorry about that your unexpected closures but I guess synch takes inactivity really seriously. I have to put notes on my synch accounts that I haven't used to remember that I need to charge something to keep them active. 

Mid 500's Spring 2014 As of 06/07/16 EQ-700^ TU-738^ EX-697v In the Garden 5/28/16! Goals 750 across the board end of 2016
AU:
Message 3 of 21
taxi818
Super Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:
Didn't realize until I go the alert on myfico about 2 account changes...logged in and to see and noticed that both my care credit and SAMs club MC had been closed by grantor...first I thought oh oh...maybe I am getting AA by synch bank but found out they were closed because of inactivity for more than a year. Sams had a limit of 7500 and used it when I got in store approval and never again while care credit was never used...oh well, that's what I get for applying for cards that I really have no need...lesson learned.

The care credit i understand. The Sams since it was Mc i would have at least bought a tank of gas here and there. Too late now and i think you have to wait a year before re applying. but looks like you don't want it anyway.

Message 4 of 21
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@dodgerslv wrote:

Sometimes it's difficult to keep activity on some cards.  Sam's Club MC is a good card, but could be overlooked if you have other cards in their categories that meet your needs.  As for Care Credit, that one has been difficult for some people to maintain activity on.   Rite Aid accepts Care Credit, so people could go there and make small purchases for activity.   Of course, this would be difficult if you're not near a Rite Aid.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 5 of 21
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Sometimes it's difficult to keep activity on some cards.  Sam's Club MC is a good card, but could be overlooked if you have other cards in their categories that meet your needs.  As for Care Credit, that one has been difficult for some people to maintain activity on.   Rite Aid accepts Care Credit, so people could go there and make small purchases for activity.   Of course, this would be difficult if you're not near a Rite Aid.

Not really, there's always www.riteaid.com

TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 21
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@DoroLucky wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Does the RiteAid website accept CareCredit as a form of payment?  In efforts to keep my CareCredit account open I just pop into my eyeglass place and buy a new eye glass holder and charge it to my CareCredit account for about $10 bucks and I'm good.

Message 7 of 21
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@DoroLucky wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

So I just tried the RiteAid website for giggles and the only form of payment accepted is the usual majors and PayPal. 

Message 8 of 21
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

@DoroLucky wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

So I just tried the RiteAid website for giggles and the only form of payment accepted is the usual majors and PayPal. 

OH Smiley FrustratedSmiley Frustrated 

I was just saying...don't even shop at rite aid LOL

TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jeffery581 wrote:

That's a good point.

Or at the very least, if you think you might need them in the future, at least put something small through every 3 months.

Is it weird that I put one bill on each of the credit cards that I have with a PIF auto pay on each of them? Cell on one, cable on another etc. Then of course I have my daily driver.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.