Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchony CLI requests using old reports

tag
charmcity
New Contributor

Synchony CLI requests using old reports

I have tried a few times for a CLI on my Amazon store card and Wal-Mart store card.

I consistently get a "We apologize for the inconvenience, but we cannot process a credit line increase online for this account."

I get a letter a few days later in the mail with a credit score that was pulled almost three months ago. Any reason they keep using an old pull and not a new soft pull? My score has increased almost 40 points since the date of the report.

I have tried the chat route once but I believe it resulted in a HP and I don't want one of those.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

Re: Synchony CLI requests using old reports

Yeah, I have been infuriated with Synchrony.  Everyone talks about how fast they grow and they give CLIs like candy on the 4th statement.

I've done everything can can not get a CLI for my paltry 400 Walmart CL... I've used it, PIF, used it some more, left a balance, used it some more PIF.  I've chatted, called... everything except sent them roses and I just keep getting the same letter back that with my credit score from 2 months old and the same list of derogs that were on there when they approved me in the first place. 

They will pull your credit about once every 2-3 months so every letter you get will be 2-3 months out of date.  I think my most recent CLI request was in June and by then, they were using an April score.  

I've given up on them.  I recently requested to have my due dates changed so that they all line up on virtually the same day so it is easier to remember and lines up with my paychecks.  They allowed me to do that... I declared victory and moved on... I figure at this point if I ever get a CLI, then great... but I'm done asking... and not going out of my way to shop with them anymore, either.

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 2 of 4
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Chat route is a SP, as is the luv button, and calling Credit solutions.

I have received 3 CLI's in the last year for Walmart, and all were thru the luv button, 4 months apart per CLI.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

They like usage on their cards. Try using the chat feature, seems to work better for people. I'm kind of shocked they used an old report for you, because they SP me like crazy!! I mean they literally SP me like once a week, they're the only lender that SPs me so frequently. They still give me CLIs so I'm not complaining, but is a weekly SP really necessary?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.