Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Amazon CLI question

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Synchrony Amazon CLI question

As I was advised here, I called for a CLI (instead of doing the automated online request.) I was told that she needed to transfer me to a different dept and gave me a reference number. She said it wasn't declined, but it needed to go to a diff dept. Okay. So the guy in that dept. says he needs me to remove the freeze on my credit report before they can CLI. I said that I thought it was supposed to be a soft pull for a CLI. And he insists it is soft, but they need me to lift the freeze. 

So, I am totally confused. Because I know my CCs soft me all the time. And my insurance co softs me annually before my renewal. I was under the impression that you only need to lift a freeze for a HP. So, I hung up. I don't want to risk a HP. I went ahead thru the automated online system and it increased me from $1800 to $3800. (I am happy, but was trying for $6k on the phone.)

Anyone else encouter this with them? Can't they SP w/a freeze? Also, if I stick w/the automated system, how often can you CLI? I know w/GE, it was every 4 mos... 

Thanks! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Re: Synchrony Amazon CLI question

If it's initiated by you need to remove the freeze, my dad had the same problem, removed the freeze and got the Cli with a sp.
CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 2 of 8
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Do you know how long I have to wait since I did the automated CLI? 

Does Synchrony still use TU?

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 8
elim
Senior Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Do you know how long I have to wait since I did the automated CLI? 

Does Synchrony still use TU?

you can call now. no problem,   ask for 20k.

Message 4 of 8
elim
Senior Contributor

yes TU

Message 5 of 8
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

$20k?! (BTW, My scores aren't want they say below anymore. Haven't updated in a while.)

Message 6 of 8
Scupra
Super Contributor

Sync won't CLI through a freeze. It will definitely be a SP. Make sure to ask for $20k as they will counter offer, good luck!
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 7 of 8
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.