Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Bank Question

tag
Nolan34
Contributor

Synchrony Bank Question

Hello all - With being Active Duty military, all of my cards fall under SCRA. When I originally applied for SCRA I was missing my intitial order from the start of my military career (Active duty). With Synchrony, they had my active duty start date in 2007. I called the other day stating I found my oldest order. The woman told me I would need to contact the original lenders for my Old Navy, Gap & JC Penney store cards.

My question is who was the original lender? Also, wouldn't Synchrony have that information from the previous lender?

I hope i explained everything clearly.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

Re: Synchrony Bank Question

I think they are saying contact GE Capital but Synchrony should still have that info. Call back and talk to a different rep. That seems odd to me. My question is, are these currently open accounts or old closed accounts? I may see if Synchrony can do anything about my cards....not that I carry balances anyway but it's worth a go.

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 2 of 5
Nolan34
Contributor

I looked at GE's website and it was very vague. Also, it looks like they are out of the credit card business so I would think Synchrony should have all the information. Yes, all accounts are still open

Message 3 of 5
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I had/have "G.E. Money Bank" cards going back to 2004... they didn't transition or sell accounts to Synchrony, they became Synchrony - so I don't understand why you were directed elsewhere (considering your accounts only date back to 2007). 

I have a feeling you got a misinformed CSR.  If you call back and perhaps ask for a supervisor (which honestly isn't much better, but sometimes will be more experienced) I suspect you'll have your accounts taken care of.

If by some chance your specific cards weren't with G.E. until a later time (I vaguely remember that JC Penney was something else until at least the early 2000s - not sure about GAP or Old Navy...) Synchrony should still at a minimum be able to give you the name of the previous issuer, and the date it was transitioned to G.E./Synchrony.  This is probably not something that comes up everyday for their CSRs, thus their confusion and failed attempt to 'wing-it'.

Good luck, and let us know how it works out!  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
Nolan34
Contributor

Thats what I remember too...I rememeber calling in when they were transitioning and their message was GE is becoming Synchrony.

Im gonna try and call them again.

I have about years years of interested to be retro'd back to me.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.