Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Bank Stash Rewards Platinum closed

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Synchrony Bank Stash Rewards Platinum closed

Decided to close the card that I just got to remain at 100k and hopefully under the radar.  Thanks Ron for all your guidance on this.  The reality of the matter is that I wouldn't really use the card anyway.  It was more for my personal padding.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 1 of 57
56 REPLIES 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony Bank Stash Rewards Platinum closed

Why leave it open if you weren't going to use. If you don't need for padding, then it seems to be a good move!

Message 2 of 57
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Why leave it open if you weren't going to use. If you don't need for padding, then it seems to be a good move!

The biggest reasons are possible  FR and/or shutdown.  No need in stroking that possibility if I can minimize, all for $3,000.  Now if I had 10k+ or this card could grow,  then yes keep it but it can't grow. Account now closed.   Didn't feel to bad closing

___________ 12Njoy
Message 3 of 57
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Did you at least get the spending bonus before closing?

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 4 of 57
12njoy
Super Contributor

@willwar14 wrote:

Did you at least get the spending bonus before closing?

No I have enough spending bonuses that I had/have to meet: United, Marriott, Fairmont, IHG, Disney, Hyatt, British airways, Aeroplan, BBVA.  I've met all with the exception of Fairmont, British airways, Disney, BBVA, TD Aeroplan. That's another reality of trying to meet another spend for the stash and the points are not valuable so it really was a no brainer for a $3,000 card 

___________ 12Njoy
Message 5 of 57
Ron1
Super Contributor

Sorry to hear!!! Smiley Sad   You didn't have to close it.  You don't have to pay AF for the first year.

Ron.

Message 6 of 57
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

Sorry to hear!!! Smiley Sad   You didn't have to close it.  You don't have to pay AF for the first year.

Ron.

True but I don't want to raise any eyebrows with synchrony. I've done that enough with my rapid increases with other cards

___________ 12Njoy
Message 7 of 57
Ron1
Super Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

True but I don't want to raise any eyebrows with synchrony. I've done that enough with my rapid increases with other cards

You already took HP.  You couldn't kept it open for a year.

Ron.

Message 8 of 57
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

Decided to close the card that I just got to remain at 100k and hopefully under the radar.  Thanks Ron for all your guidance on this.  The reality of the matter is that I wouldn't really use the card anyway.  It was more for my personal padding.

I closed mine too!

Message 9 of 57
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

You already took HP.  You couldn't kept it open for a year.

Ron.

It's no biggie. If they decide to do FR, I'll probably be shut down or reduced because of amount of credit I do have.   This is just one less reason for them to look at me.   The HP was on TU  so I could afford that one.   No worse than the two HP's I took from WF trying to get that Dillards amex.  It's just personal preference at this point. 

___________ 12Njoy
Message 10 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.