cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Bank and 4506 request not so fast!!

tag
peghede
Valued Contributor

Re: Synchrony Bank and 4506 request not so fast!!

@ zerofire. With synchrony they close your accounts if u don't send back the 4506 once they requested.Don't belive ppl saying otherwise.

Message 41 of 43
12njoy
Super Contributor

Sorry this happened to you OP.  I've gotten AA from Barclays and Chase because of my new accounts with others.  I firmly believe in diversity which  I have so diversified.  It would take a multitude of lenders to really put ding in me.  Not that it can't happen, but it's always possible.  I have the following accounts wih Synchrony which I never carry a balance on:

Walmart Mastercard 20k

Ebates Visa 20k

TJX Mastercard 20k

PayPal Mastercard 20k

Old Navy Visa 10k

BP Visa 10k

Marvel Mastercard 4k

If they are anyone EVER ask for a 4056, goodbye Felicia.  It's their right to ask and my right to agree or refuse.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 42 of 43
CatOfSpades
Frequent Contributor

If Synchrony is going to be paranoid about people's exposure, than why give out such high limits in the first place? They do have control over that, after all. 

I applaud OP. Like Sarge, I also lived a while without any credit cards. They are not a necessity at all. I like my credit cards, and I understand how people get attached to them. I cried when I cut up my oldest card a couple of years ago. That said, it'll be a very sad day for me indeed if I ever get to the point where I'm hugging a credit card again. LOL!

♠Queen of Spades♠
Apple Card MC $10,000
BofA Cash Rewards VS $10,000
5/3 Cash/Back WEMC $10,000
Discover IT $7,500
Message 43 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.