Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Bank and CL Increases

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony Bank and CL Increases

I was initially proved with an embarassing $400 limit on my Amazon store card. After my first payment I used chat and got that increased to $1000, which is what I requested. Then after 3 months they auto CLI'd me to $2500. At some point I'd like to increase that again but it's at an acceptable level for me now and I don't want to pay a HP to increase it again at this point. 

Message 21 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

First, I recommend doing a simple search for "myfico walmart cli chat" as theres tons and tons of threads of people successfully getting huge cli. One of your first responses said to use chat and aim high, because they will counter. Walmart and amazon are sp so theres nothing to lose. You'd be surprised how easy it is to get cli on these cards. Do not use luv button. And for me, chat works 75% of the time. Basically, if im eligible for a cli, it works. If im not, chat, luv button, or credit solutions wont work anyways. After you get a cli, you usually have to wait 4 months (4 statements) for another. And i have gotten amazon (also synchrony bank) increased to $3500, even though i never used most of my original 600 cl. Good luck!
Message 22 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was initially proved with an embarassing $400 limit on my Amazon store card. After my first payment I used chat and got that increased to $1000, which is what I requested. Then after 3 months they auto CLI'd me to $2500. At some point I'd like to increase that again but it's at an acceptable level for me now and I don't want to pay a HP to increase it again at this point. 

Each increase I've gotten via chat has been a SP.  When was the last time you got an increase?  I plan to go online next month and request an additional increase.  I think I remember reading on the forum that every 3-4 months is standard, but since my TU finally hit 700, I'm going to try in August.

Message 23 of 36
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My 4th statement on my eBates Visa cut a couple days ago. Hit the CLI button, no joy.

Did your spend warrant an increase?

Not even close. It has a $5K limit and I've spent about $150 on it since I got it. Smiley LOL

Sounds like a sound decision then. No offense, but CLI's are for people who spend money.

I see a lot of people post CLIs but they don't come close to needing that much. I believe some have been in the $5K-$10K plus range. And not just Synchrony cards. This applies to Visa, MC, Discover ect... I've wonder how high limits are justified with limited use but they seem to happen all the time. 

My goal is $5K for my Walmart and JCP cards. I'll never need that much but it's a cushion in case I want to make a large purchase and let it post. It won't put a dent in my utilization. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 24 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@masscredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My 4th statement on my eBates Visa cut a couple days ago. Hit the CLI button, no joy.

Did your spend warrant an increase?

Not even close. It has a $5K limit and I've spent about $150 on it since I got it. Smiley LOL

Sounds like a sound decision then. No offense, but CLI's are for people who spend money.

I see a lot of people post CLIs but they don't come close to needing that much. I believe some have been in the $5K-$10K plus range. And not just Synchrony cards. This applies to Visa, MC, Discover ect... I've wonder how high limits are justified with limited use but they seem to happen all the time. 

My goal is $5K for my Walmart and JCP cards. I'll never need that much but it's a cushion in case I want to make a large purchase and let it post. It won't put a dent in my utilization. 

I hit $6k last month for Walmart.  My goal is $10k so I can take advantage of their special financing when and if I decide to make a major electronics purchase.  Like you, I don't want utilization to take a hit, so I want a high enough credit limit to mitigate the change. 

Message 25 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Between amazon and walmart. They all have been SP.
Message 26 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have several of Synchrony Bank cards like walmart amazon etc etc. Just Today I called the backdoor number and Got my Walmart increased from 150-2000 I have had the card for 4 months so since the luv button doesn't work just call its that simple. Now also the same day I called and got My Amazon Store card also increased from 800-2000 this card was not even a month old so they do a SP so it isn't bad at all give it a shot they just ask few questions and your done Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 36
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Everyone talks about they called the backdoor number but which one? I mean every time someone asks it seems to be a different number so are there more than a single backdoor number and if so which one has been the most successful for you after calling in.

Personally ever since i got my first card with Synchrony in 2013 India Solutions hated me back then, every time i have called into them, and as recently as 2 weeks ago. They earn the honor of having a perfect record of denying any and all cli requests that i've placed to them. Grrrrrr.

On the other hand calling and being connected with states side Reps for Synchrony have approved many/most requests this past 2 years.

Yeah makes a difference some no doubt.

Message 28 of 36
bk510
Valued Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Everyone talks about they called the backdoor number but which one? I mean every time someone asks it seems to be a different number so are there more than a single backdoor number and if so which one has been the most successful for you after calling in.

Personally ever since i got my first card with Synchrony in 2013 India Solutions hated me back then, every time i have called into them, and as recently as 2 weeks ago. They earn the honor of having a perfect record of denying any and all cli requests that i've placed to them. Grrrrrr.

On the other hand calling and being connected with states side Reps for Synchrony have approved many/most requests this past 2 years.

Yeah makes a difference some no doubt.

This has been the exact case for me since opening my Wally & Amazon going back to 6/2013. Go figure

I'm going to close my Wally at the end of this year. I'll keep the Amazon since I feel that amazon is more useful for me than the Wally.

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 29 of 36
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

I had 1 small luv button CLI on Amazon 2 yrs ago, nothing on any of my Synch cards via luv, Chat or Credit Solutons until recently. Approved for CareCredit at $2300, called a week later and it went to $6k (CareCredit is a HP.) Feeling good about that, in the last few days I've called on every one of my Synch cards and all went from hundreds to $4k-$6k. That's all I need. Just want to be able to make a decent purchase now and then without worrying about maxing the card, whether I PIF or carry a bit for a month.

The phone number I use is the one on the back of the card, any Synch card. I have Credit Solutions in my contacts for quick dial.

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.