Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Bank and CLI's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony Bank and CLI's

Hi all.

My question is about synchrony bank and cli's.

I currently have a walmart card, care credit, paypal and newegg

Account through them and have never once gotten a cli on any

Of the cards. I've had the walmart for over 4 years and the others are just over 2 years old. Anyone have this experience before and have any pointers?

Thanks again,

Bryan

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Synchrony Bank and CLI's

Hi welcome to the forumSmiley Happy.

If you ve never been to this forum before chances are you've never heard of Credit Solutions. This is a back door number where you can request credit limit requests that often times can hyper jump your credit limit to limits you would not deem possible at timesSmiley Happy. Synch is going through some weird times right now so many here , myself included , recomend caution when asking for multiple cli requests etc. Im not saying anything will happen just would like you to understand things have been happening lately just search Synchrony Bank.

Anyhoo, if youve had your Walmart for over 4 years and your others for over two, perhaps its time you experience the CS luv if they will give it and your profile supports it. Very easy to do , call them , request a cli with your Walmart account, they will take your info and income , ask how much you would like, put you on hold for like 2-3 minutes and come back either with an approval , counter or denial. Easy peasy. Rinse and repeat with your other accounts. I do know that your care credit is not with this number ( believe its Synchrony Financial but could be wrong) and should be a hard pull on your credit wheras the other often times is soft pull.

Credit Solutions 1 877 379 8173

Best of luck and please make sure to read up on many recent threads concerning Synchrony bank. You can also read approvals to gage data points to see how they may relate to your profileSmiley Happy Cheers Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 7
Curious0ne
New Contributor

There is either something in your file that keeps them nervous about extending more credit to you or your going about it the wrong way. I always use the secured chat to get my cli. Have you tried the chat yet and what are your scores, file problems?

Message 3 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yes most important i find when requesting help on the forum in relation to cli and such is to remember to post a few data points about your profile if you are willing and able. Things like score, and negatives like charge offs or bankruptcies will help more experienced posters give some better options for you.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry it took me so long to reply...

My scores are in the 630-640 range and i had a BK that was discharged over 3, and coming up on 4 years ago.

I have had multiple CLI's from many other cards i have ( Cap One, Barclay, etc)

I guess its just funny to me that out of the 4 cards i have with them, not one has got a CLI..

Message 5 of 7
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry it took me so long to reply...

My scores are in the 630-640 range and i had a BK that was discharged over 3, and coming up on 4 years ago.

I have had multiple CLI's from many other cards i have ( Cap One, Barclay, etc)

I guess its just funny to me that out of the 4 cards i have with them, not one has got a CLI..

Synchrony CLIs will be based on your TU score... the closer to 700 you get, the easier it will be to get CLIs with them (using either the online 'button', a regular CSR, or Credit Solutions). 

Some people have been successful with modest CLIs in the mid-600s, but it will be YMMV based on your total profile and your account history with them.

Once your TU gets past 700 things really open up.  Hang in there, you'll be there before you know it!  Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yes, thanks for sharing your data points. Agree with UncleB, most cli with Sync is related more to your TU score but i imagine your bk only being 3 or 4 years old may have some effect still. I think as more time passes and your score rises you be able to get higher limits. I commend you though on getting some nice cards after your bk, it took me 8 years after my bk 7 yo even realize i could have credit againSmiley Wink. Keep going strong, youll get there in no timeSmiley Happy

Ps, was your bk a chapter 7 or 13, as i just noticed you said youve had your Walmart for over 4 years while your bk was discharged over 3,almost 4 years ago. Thanks, this may clear up your situation for some to understand a bit betterSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.