cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Bank online customer support for CLI?

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Synchrony Bank online customer support for CLI?

Many have said to aim high and they might counter with a lower amount. My last CLIs were done though chat. Walmart went from $2200. to $3K. That one had just recived an $800.00 Luv Button increase a few weeks before. JCP was increased to $2500.00. That one also received a Luv Button increase at the same time as the Walmart card. Both of these went to the amounts that I requested ($3K and $2500). I wonder if they would have gone higher if I would have requested a higher amount like $5K. That number is my goal for both of these cards. It's been about 3 1/2 months since those increases so I'm planning on seeing what I can get in the next few days. 

Some have said to not use the Luv Button. When I was chatting with the agent, he asked if I tried getting an increase on their website. I don't remember if I tried before I started the chat but I did while we were talking and was declined. He was able to approve the increase manually.

Maybe I'll request $7500.00 for each card and see what happens. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 11 of 16
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

its called the "chat" button. its mostly only available M-F from like 9-9. you can see this chat button once you log into your acct, and your summary page is up, you'll the the green chat feature where the transactions are posted. Click on it, start chatting, ask to help you with a CLI on your acct. Its Synch, so ask high.

Not sure which card you have or wanting an CLI on, but always ask, HIGH...they counter back with what you can actually have right now.  For example...Walmart..Ask for $20k...they will counter back or give it to you.

I agree. go with the Chat option

Message 12 of 16
masscredit
Valued Contributor

So do most people go straight to chat or do you use the Luv Button first? 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only use chat. I'm 4/4 so far.
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow so the chat option puts you up with a actual underwriter. Incredible maybe I'll try it myself. I have $5K on my card I'll request $10K. Hmmm I do have a $600 balance bright now. Anyways it is a SP
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info. I am going to try this next week. In June I called about getting a CLI and spoke with a CSR who said it would be a hard pull. Oh...thanks but no thanks. I don't really need it. But I sure could use the CLI love to lowe my overall util % below 30%. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.