Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony Bank

So I have noticed and many should watch all their accounts they're not creditting your payment properly and your limits are off. It is like that for every Sync account I mean seriously 10 days to credit? I caught them on one called and say sorry sir that is on hold I said for what? he replied clearance, I said listen it has been cleared out of my bank for 3 days and its no longer pending, then he goes well it will take 48 to 72 hrs to post I'm like ok fine. so 78hrs laters still nothing so I use the chat and got the same story I became slightly irritated and said listen I called several days ago now its the 10th day the account hasn't been created I was told 48-72hrs its now 78 hrs since then so now what you going to do, He said please one minute let me look into this further then he goes Thank you for waiting you credit is now fully available for use right away. Like seriously? is this like traveling overseas or something lol >.<

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Synchrony Bank

@Anonymous wrote:

So I have noticed and many should watch all their accounts they're not creditting your payment properly and your limits are off. It is like that for every Sync account I mean seriously 10 days to credit? I caught them on one called and say sorry sir that is on hold I said for what? he replied clearance, I said listen it has been cleared out of my bank for 3 days and its no longer pending, then he goes well it will take 48 to 72 hrs to post I'm like ok fine. so 78hrs laters still nothing so I use the chat and got the same story I became slightly irritated and said listen I called several days ago now its the 10th day the account hasn't been created I was told 48-72hrs its now 78 hrs since then so now what you going to do, He said please one minute let me look into this further then he goes Thank you for waiting you credit is now fully available for use right away. Like seriously? is this like traveling overseas or something lol >.<

This sounds like a Ymmv. or new account. it happens from time to time. which i would not worry of it. unless very low limit. as long as it shows paid that is all im generally concerned with.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need a new bank. When I initiate during the week its seamless whether I use the credit cards' sites or online billpay. I have chase but I also use a credit union that is rather small.
Message 3 of 14
creditguy
Valued Contributor

I had a similar issue with my chevron card. My payment was posted and credited in a timely manner but my available credit took a week to update. My Walmart card on the other hand was flawless and quick. The chevron caught up the next statement cycle and was back to normal. Every CC has its quirks and Synchrony can have its quirks but it is far from being the worst out there. Hang in there it should straighten itself out and should be hassle free in the future.
Message 4 of 14
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

this is why I never do payments at the CCC's sites. I ALWAYS push ALL my payments thru my bank TO THEM. Ive never had an issue doing it that way. Sure, it might take extra time to go to your banks online bill pay site, and put in all the info from your creditors, but its worth all the future hassle to me! just an FYI Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@pizza1 wrote:
this is why I never do payments at the CCC's sites. I ALWAYS push ALL my payments thru my bank TO THEM. Ive never had an issue doing it that way. Sure, it might take extra time to go to your banks online bill pay site, and put in all the info from your creditors, but its worth all the future hassle to me! just an FYI Smiley Happy

I am just the opposite I have the bank pull my payment via ach/routing method.. Just a heck of alot easier for meSmiley Happy.. I have never had an issue that I can remember of a hold on an account although this does happen to alot of people with a newer account or possibly a huge payment.  I am scared to push a payment by bill pay as scared I might pick the incorrect person to pay from the list and it goes to someone else and the money if poof gone .. I am sure I am worried about nothing, but just played around with bill pay and kinda freaks me out when their are  10 options say for lexus which one do i pick type of scenario?

Message 6 of 14
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

I am just the opposite I have the bank pull my payment via ach/routing method.. Just a heck of alot easier for meSmiley Happy.. I have never had an issue that I can remember of a hold on an account although this does happen to alot of people with a newer account or possibly a huge payment.  I am scared to push a payment by bill pay as scared I might pick the incorrect person to pay from the list and it goes to someone else and the money if poof gone .. I am sure I am worried about nothing, but just played around with bill pay and kinda freaks me out when their are  10 options say for lexus which one do i pick type of scenario?

LMAO!!!  I can understand that.  If ive ever had a question on a creditors payment address, I just go to my last statement and look at the payment address listed there. Problem solved!Smiley Wink  

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

So far it has worked for me to schedule my payments several days before the payment is due. That seems to work well and I get credited right away.

Message 8 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I've used the creditor's bill pay (ACH pull) as well as my own bank's bill pay (ACH push) and both seem to work well.  Generally if there's plenty of time I prefer to use my own bank's service (since I check it daily I'm already there) but sometimes the numbers just work a bit better if I hold off until closer to the due date, in which case I usually use the creditor's site.

Most of the time it doesn't matter either way.  The only time I had a problem was several years ago when my QS1 was still HSBC... if I used the HSBC site to make what they considered a "large" payment, they would give me timely credit, but there would be a payment hold - sometimes up to 10 days (!).  I quickly figured out to just give myself an extra day or two and 'push' the payment from my own bank and voilà, no more holds. 

Things have changed a great deal for me since then, and now even when I make large payments there's never a hold, but I always tell folks with smaller limits they might want to consider using a 'push' from their own bank if they've experienced a problem with holds before.

Message 9 of 14
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

This is my preferred method also since i gauge the minute that the reference number is issued until it's posted to the creditors.

It seems to work as expected. So i guess you can say that some of us are Pushers as opposed to Pullers to our bills.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.