cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Block - What if I want to send them 4506-T?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony Block - What if I want to send them 4506-T?

i beleive one who complied was creditaddict - they closed them out anyway 

Message 11 of 23
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Some folks with "Credit" in their user ID.. It wasn't just CreditAddict .....

I dislike MyFico's search tool at times... 

Found one of the folks

Creditplz...

Also a few more mentions on the thread- (warning this is a pro/nay thread on Sync in general but there are some good points in it)

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/What-the-heck-is-going-on-with-Synchrony/td-p/4669682

Message 12 of 23
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

O do not waste your time -- Ive read at least 2 threads here and a few on Creditboards where people submitted the form and their accounts were STILL CLOSED.  If your income doesnt match to a T, I would not bother -- i think they are looking to cut exposure and will do so any way they deem fit.  Move on, muchhhh better cards with much better APRs ... run, dont walk.  Smiley Very Happy

I get what you're saying Joey but what is strange to me is with all of these Sync post, you read so many post of people who say that Sync is absolutely useless, the worst cards ever, crappy APR, would never provide a 4506 for such a useless card, etc, etc etc. But yet why when applying for these very same cards none of that logic came to mind. Why only after Sync pulls this income verification does this logic come in to play. Maybe, just maybe, if we (myself included) had used this logic from the beginning we wouldn't have so many Sync cards and high exposure, which may, or may not, be the cause of this fiasco? If we hold Sync card and not use them (which some people have stated) do we only hold them to disguise the actual credit card debt we're racking up on cards that we really do use?

Message 13 of 23
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

O do not waste your time -- Ive read at least 2 threads here and a few on Creditboards where people submitted the form and their accounts were STILL CLOSED.  If your income doesnt match to a T, I would not bother -- i think they are looking to cut exposure and will do so any way they deem fit.  Move on, muchhhh better cards with much better APRs ... run, dont walk.  Smiley Very Happy

I get what you're saying Joey but what is strange to me is with all of these Sync post, you read so many post of people who say that Sync is absolutely useless, the worst cards ever, crappy APR, would never provide a 4506 for such a useless card, etc, etc etc. But yet why when applying for these very same cards none of that logic came to mind. Why only after Sync pulls this income verification does this logic come in to play. Maybe, just maybe, if we (myself included) had used this logic from the beginning we wouldn't have so many Sync cards and high exposure, which may, or may not, be the cause of this fiasco? If we hold Sync card and not use them (which some people have stated) do we only hold them to disguise the actual credit card debt we're racking up on cards that we really do use?

I agree with this, but is applies elsewhere as well.  Basically, apping (successfully!) is "fun".   Any time of rejection isn't.  And when bad things happen, then people will complain loudly.  Now Syncs actions are heavier than many, but you will see lots of similar complaints when people are refused CLIs or APR reductions, suddenly worse bank ever, their loss etc.

Message 14 of 23
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I would agree that people want it both ways. Getting approved for a relatively niche use card like Lowe's and getting a huge limit is praised and cheered on even if the person never/rarely shops there. The minute it's time for income verification though, Synch is a useless bank, not worth the time, etc etc.

Plan your applications, stick to a plan, limit yourself. If you don't aggressively seek credit you are much less likely to run into any sort of issues with creditors. Of course, paying your bills is number one, but the more inquiries you have and the more you are applying, the more you will stand out and not in a positive way.

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they end up closing my accounts I will be extremely sad/mad.

I mean, I made like 15K back in 2014, and my income has more than doubled since then, but I haven't even filed taxes with my new income.

HAS ANYONE ACTUALLY RETURNED THE 4056-T? 

I've seen one person who did whose account did not get closed.

Ugh will update. Got a call today from them telling me my accounts were frozen. -___- Didn't even ask if I had any questions.

Message 16 of 23
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

My view is if a person is / was going to close the accounts due to the freezing of said accounts, why bother sending in this form ?. If you were/ are going to close them anyhow, no use in giving them your personal info to be given to a company like LN. Like stated many times here by, my point of view, some solid advice , close them and just move on and chalk it up to life lesson learned. As been seen here as well even if you give them what they wanted and they still close them, you get nothing but added worry on your information being protected. Good luck OP, I wish you the best but if you only want to keep one but not the other 2 , for me, thats not worth sacrificing your info for a possiblity of keeping them open.
Message 17 of 23
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Maybe why? Historically the stock has slipped -1.90% in the past week and plunged -3.31% in the last four weeks, the stock illustrate that its three months performance stands at -13.40% while its year to date performance is at -11.26%. The stock hit the peak price level of one year at $34.60 and touched the minimum level of $23.25. Shares are trading -22.01% off from the 52-week high price and +16.07% above from the 52-week bottom price level. The stock is now trading at a distance of -2.46% from SMA-20. The stock is presently trading -0.26% below from its SMA-50. In the current trading session, the stock’s price moved -6.04% below from its SMA-200. The company has a Return on Assets of 2.70%. The company currently has a Return on Equity of 17.00% and a Return on Investment of 21.20%.

http://postregistrar.com/2016/08/29/trending-stocks-buzzers-bristol-myers-squibb-co-nysebmy-synchron...

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I understand your point and I definitely see that the cons outweigh the pros.

However, in the end, I do not want to go on with my life with a "what if I had sent the form?"

I think I would rather have closure, and risk my info being sent to LN. Plus I really need that CareCredit soon for my dog. So we'll see.

Plus, I want my experience to help others who are undecided about sending the form or not.

Message 19 of 23
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

OP, you have to do what's best for you. Don't let the opinions of myself out anyone else steer you in any direction other than the one you want to take. You know what's right for you and your situation. It seems like you're aware of the pros and cons of the choice you have to make. Make your informed decision and as they say, let the chips fall where they may...

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.