Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony CLI, Comentity CLI and new CC suggestions

tag
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Synchrony CLI, Comentity CLI and new CC suggestions

Hello Community,

I was wondering if the board had any suggestions for my current situation. In late June, I finally went furniture shopping and although I was only looking to get a couch that evening, I ended up buying significantly more. I made purchases at Value City ($7500) and The Room Place (1800) financing both, Synchrony ($9000) and Comenity ($9000) respectfully. On my ride home, I decided I wanted to also paint and do some other home improvements upgrades. All seemed great! While petting my pooch that evening, I noticed that several of his lymph nodes were swollen. Long story short, he has lymphoma. I decided to move forward with the painting and other home improvements, determining that it would be best to do those things prior to the new furniture delivery despite the bad timing.

I was going to make an initial payment of $2500 towards the furniture purchase, $2000 and $500 respectfully. After reading these boards, thanks community, I decided I'd call Synchrony for a CLI. I requested $30,000 and they countered with $25,000, but also stated that I could send in my last two paystubs if I wanted the full $30,000. I was initially fine with the $25, 000, so I declined. However, since then, I've had significant expenses in relation to my pooch's treatment that was unexpected. Now, I've decided I'll use my full finance period, at least for now. So I'm wondering if I can ask for another CLI and if they offer CL over $30,000. Both my C1 and Discover are over $30,000 if that matters. I haven't found any insights on the board regarding getting a CLI from Comenity. So I haven't tried. Am I missing something? Are there any data points regarding getting CLIs from Comenity?

Lastly, given the regular expenses I'm going to have over the next few months, it would be great if I can get a new card with a 0% intro promos offer. I've done some research, but most sites, like nerdwallet, seem to only know about the major CCs. Not that I'm adverse to major CCC, but I I'm not really interested in Freedom or AMEX. I was looking for something that would offer cashback on say, restaurants and entertainment. Last year I was looking at the AARP card, but I don't see a 0% promo.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Synchrony CLI, Comentity CLI and new CC suggestions

@LadyJEsq wrote:

Hello Community,

I was wondering if the board had any suggestions for my current situation. In late June, I finally went furniture shopping and although I was only looking to get a couch that evening, I ended up buying significantly more. I made purchases at Value City ($7500) and The Room Place (1800) financing both, Synchrony ($9000) and Comenity ($9000) respectfully. On my ride home, I decided I wanted to also paint and do some other home improvements upgrades. All seemed great! While petting my pooch that evening, I noticed that several of his lymph nodes were swollen. Long story short, he has lymphoma. I decided to move forward with the painting and other home improvements, determining that it would be best to do those things prior to the new furniture delivery despite the bad timing.

I was going to make an initial payment of $2500 towards the furniture purchase, $2000 and $500 respectfully. After reading these boards, thanks community, I decided I'd call Synchrony for a CLI. I requested $30,000 and they countered with $25,000, but also stated that I could send in my last two paystubs if I wanted the full $30,000. I was initially fine with the $25, 000, so I declined. However, since then, I've had significant expenses in relation to my pooch's treatment that was unexpected. Now, I've decided I'll use my full finance period, at least for now. So I'm wondering if I can ask for another CLI and if they offer CL over $30,000. Both my C1 and Discover are over $30,000 if that matters. I haven't found any insights on the board regarding getting a CLI from Comenity. So I haven't tried. Am I missing something? Are there any data points regarding getting CLIs from Comenity?

Lastly, given the regular expenses I'm going to have over the next few months, it would be great if I can get a new card with a 0% intro promos offer. I've done some research, but most sites, like nerdwallet, seem to only know about the major CCs. Not that I'm adverse to major CCC, but I I'm not really interested in Freedom or AMEX. I was looking for something that would offer cashback on say, restaurants and entertainment. Last year I was looking at the AARP card, but I don't see a 0% promo.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

With Synchs Credit Solutions a CLI can be requested at any time just know that they do log the calls you make. You wont know if they will give you the full 30K or more unless you ask them to and then comply with anything they may want you to do like prove income. As far as Comenity you have to use the luv button to request CLI there is no one to call its all done by the computer.

Message 2 of 3
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Re: Synchrony CLI, Comentity CLI and new CC suggestions

Thanks! I'll try the luv botton for Comenity and see what the say. 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.