Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Chevron and Texaco Visa Credit Card

tag
sobeone1
Regular Contributor

Synchrony Chevron and Texaco Visa Credit Card

I was looking up credit cards by Synchrony and this card popped up. Anyone have this card? Is this an easy Synchrony card? I already have Walmart store card, lowes & Amazon.Whats the word on this card?

credit karma has my scores at T.U 637 Equifax 668 but all of my Major cards have my score between 710-730 fico AAoA 7months with 16 inquires T.U & Eq 12 inquires.

Fingerhut $1200 my first credit. Discover it 4.5k, Paypal extras 7.8k, Barclays 2.2k, Walmart 6k, Lowes 25k, Amazon 6.5k Cap1 Q.S 4k, Venture 10k, Voice 10k, Chase freedom 2k Slate 3.5k, 5th 3rd 10k, overstock2.9k, Kingsize 1k. Nasa 20k, NFCU 14k, loc 10k, BBVA 14k, Amex ED 10k, income 76k (I put them in order of receiving them)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony Chevron and Texaco Visa Credit Card

Stealing a theme from HF:

You do not need to get a Synchrony gas card. There are better cards out there. A lot of them. You have scores in the 700s. Try Barclays Sallie Mae, if you spend less than $250 per month. I think PenFed has an uncapped 5% gas card. AARP is 3%. Go with one of those that doesn't limit you to specific gas stations. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I e had it. I felt I had to get it when Chevron  started charging .10 more per gallon for other credit cards. There is another perk where if you charge 300 to the card, you get .10 per gallon fuel perks (statement credit) and if you charge $1000 mo you get .20. It served me well when my only other option was 1%. But I recently got SM (which should be plenty for me) and BCP so no more Chevron card use. This also means I can move my $300 phone bills etc. off to my 2.2% Arrival +. We did get it when there was a pretty good per gallon bonus during a time when we were road tripping, that was beneficial. 

Message 3 of 6
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@sobeone1 wrote:

I was looking up credit cards by Synchrony and this card popped up. Anyone have this card? Is this an easy Synchrony card? I already have Walmart store card, lowes & Amazon.Whats the word on this card?

I had the store version of the card before. Really easy to get.

Even the Visa version is easy to get if you have like a score in the 700s and some lengthier history. Is there a particular reason you want it though? I admit I got mine more as an experiment and then went for the Sam's Club MC and got that too. I'd say if you want a better card, Sams Club MC would be the thing to try to get. That comes with 5% on the first $6k in gas purchases every year if you're already a member there. And I'd go with Petrovirus's other suggestions too.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 4 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

probably only pays off like the 76 gas card if you are in an area that charge for using credit cards vs cash or debit cards (Southern California) and the store card gives CASH PRICE plus the $.05-$.10 with 45 gallons a month in purchases usually warrants me about 6-8% total back compared to using a 5% credit card and paying the higher pump price.

Otherwise many credit cards will beat it if you don't get a discounted cash price for use of card.

Message 5 of 6
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I have the store version. Agree with CA, it's a good option for those of us that are faced with gas price gouging and credit card transaction fees.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.