Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony Denial

I have NEVER gotten approved for a Synchrony backed card.  I get preapprovals for almost any Comenity card I want. 

Stated:

too many inquiries (had 2)

accounts too new ( 2 years worth of new TL's)

Serious delinquencies (they are all off now)

What does a person have to do to get anything from them?  Reconing with EO didn't work either.  I give up!!  I don't want anymore inquiries from them on TU without a card to go along with it.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony Denial

I'm right there with you.  I think Synchrony hates me.  I had a PayPal SmartConnect, opened at $500 I believe, dropped to $300 after PIF, then to $100 after PIF.  Was my oldest revolver, but with new credit I closed it last month.  Tired of being at 60% util after a tank of gas.  I have a synchrony Care Credit, but it was joint with my mother-in-law who is the primary, so it doesn't account for much with Synchrony.

Last month on a Walmart app it shows, "TOO MANY ACCOUNTS OPENED IN LAST 24 MONTHS HAVE BEEN 30 DAYS PAST DUE "  WHAT?  I have ONE late pay on ONE account opened in the last 36 months and it is on my auto loan opened in 1/2013.  Needless to say, I am writing a Goodwill letter to the auto loan to see if they would remove it as it was 32 days late due to employer change, which changed me from weekly to monthly pay period.  In fact, that is the only 30-day late payment I've had in the past 24 months all together!

Message 2 of 20
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm right there with you.  I think Synchrony hates me.   

I think they hate your score, not you. Not many banks will approve for 600 and below.

I would lay off going after store cards for a while, and garden and focus on getting a Visa/MC with a decent limit.

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have NEVER gotten approved for a Synchrony backed card.  I get preapprovals for almost any Comenity card I want. 

Stated:

What does a person have to do to get anything from them?  Reconing with EO didn't work either.  I give up!!  I don't want anymore inquiries from them on TU without a card to go along with it.

is their loss Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Stated:

is their loss Smiley Wink

Thank you! Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

They never approve me either. 

I think the best thing is to just take care of the cards and accounts we all have now and after awhile, they will come around.

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm right there with you.  I think Synchrony hates me.   

I think they hate your score, not you. Not many banks will approve for 600 and below.

I would lay off going after store cards for a while, and garden and focus on getting a Visa/MC with a decent limit.

Well, when I first got the PayPal SmartConnect I was not so horrid, mid-high 600's, had it for several years no CLI no nothing and then I had some student loan issues, and they dropped me like the plague.  Lowered the limit everytime I PIF until it was at $100CL, over 7 months dropped $400CL.  So I closed it last month and haven't apped for a Synchrony card in who knows how long other than a joint Care Credit in June with my mom-in-law due to unforseen vet and medical we had, and I asked her to joint because I knew they would decline me and the wife automatically.  It's been paid for 3 months, always above the minimum and has 16% util. out of $3400CL, down from 21% in June.

And yes, I got the store cards and 2 Cap1 cards to rebuild while I fight with CBs about inccorrect student loan data and yes I am being a good boy and gardening Smiley Happy  

The hope is, Synchrony (well preferably Chase/Amex/Discover/Citi) will like my score after next year, provided I can get resolution on Sallie Mae student loan inaccuracies, if not then it will be late 2017 when they drop, the the big lenders like my score again.

I digress - the issue I take with Synchrony is there are tons of people tanked that get a Synchrony account, but it depends on what is on your report, not just the score, depends upon types of negatives really I think.

Message 7 of 20
CardHunter
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Stated:

Don't feel bad I just apped in store at WalMart a couple of days ago and was denied on the spot (TU 660). I also got denied 3 months ago for Sony Synchrony financing, so they got 2 HP out of me... I give up on these guys.

Message 8 of 20
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

I think capital one and comenity are the easy ones to get in with when having low scores, GE also hates my inquiries. 

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

GE also hates my inquiries. 

who do they think they are? Chase or Barclays? Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.