Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Established Member

Synchrony Exposure

I recent applied for a CLI on my Paypal Mastercard and was denied. 

I have the following account w/ Synchrony

Value City Furniture: $1000

Care Credit: $800

Midas Car Credit: $1800 

Walmart Store Card: $1400

Amazon Store Card: $1400

PayPal MC: $1000

No lates, frequent use, low utilization...

do they look at total exposure ($7400) or just the individual account details when evaluating for an increase?

Super Contributor

Re: Synchrony Exposure

total Synch exposure is $100k+...so you may not just be eligible right now for cli.

How long have you had the cards?
(BK7 d/c-08/2013/FICO-400's)---> 07/2017 FICO- EQ-669, TU-676, EX-681
Scores being held down by tons of INQ/New acts Smiley Wink
Established Member

pizza1 wrote:
total Synch exposure is $100k+...so you may not just be eligible right now for cli.

How long have you had the cards?
Value City is over 4yrs... all the other are approx 16 to 30 months... the PayPal MC is 9 months

Established Contributor

My opinion, is they really just go off your Tu score after approval. 

Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $15k I Venture $15.3k I Chase IHG $5.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 18k l Barclays $1.4k Venture $12k l Discover it $3.2k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $5.6K l Credit One $1.7k l Cabelas 3k Wayfair $6.7k I 6.5k Walmart $8k l SG $4.2k l Target $1200 l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 678 Tu 692 Eq 662

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Synchrony can be difficult. Perhaps it is not good to "poke the bear." Here is a very long, but detailed thread about Synchrony in case you are interested.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/What-the-heck-is-going-on-with-Synchrony/m-p/4669682/hi...

Daily Drivers: Penfed Platinum Rewards; NFCU GoRewards; Discover; NASA Platinum Cash Rewards
Valued Contributor

Musiclover wrote:

Synchrony can be difficult. Perhaps it is not good to "poke the bear." Here is a very long, but detailed thread about Synchrony in case you are interested.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/What-the-heck-is-going-on-with-Synchrony/m-p/4669682/hi...

Agreed

Established Contributor

Agree with the TU score. Get it to 680+ and you usually can get CLI's.

Your far from Max exposure. I think sometime to go off your income also.

~All Thanks to the education I received from MyFicoers~ | 100K CLUB 10/31/16 |

Fico Scores: | Amex EX 763 | Discover TU 763/EX 763 | Capital One 763 | Barclay TU 771 | Huntington EQ 749 | Citi EQ 758 | Sam's TU 763 | Amazon TU 763 | Chase TU 763(Update 5/28/17 Mowing the Lawn 1/6/17) | Goal 799
Established Contributor

Your PP Extras, was that a upgrade from a Smart Connect account? Also with the MC/Visas, one thing I noticed, is CLIs tend to have a different timing and different underwriting I think they are looking at. Also once you get the letter look at the date of the pull on there, it's SP but will be on the letter. Check the reasons. Store cards seem to handle a bit different with CLIs going out like candy sometimes. Your exposure looks fine but with that being said, you may also be at a internal ceiling right now based off how many cards and how long all of them have been opened and used. On my PP Extras, my timing for CLIs has been 6 months give or take a day as a data point. I got the first one at upgrade activation then exactly 6 months later in December for the 2nd one. Any request since then have been denied with factors given from credit report and my TU is on ice, so they are using a old score for mines.

Fico 8 starting scores 09/27/15 EQ: 646 TU: 622 EX: 668 5 collections 1 PR reporting across the board
Scores 06/30/16 EQ: 685 TU: 699 EX: 695 1 collection now reporting on EQ and EX and 1 PR on EQ
Current scores 11/4/2016 EQ 688 TU: 705 EX: 736 No collections no PR/Judgements Finally Clean
Regular Contributor

I totally agree with stREAIT.  Speaking from my experience store card and Mc clis are handled differently. Got a huge bump on amazon and walmart store cards on the appro val day back in 2015. but for ebay extras mc , marvel and old navy visa cli was denied upon activation . Only after 6 months i got an auto cli on ebay Mc from 3000 to 5000. I recently got a letter from synchrony about upgrading my walmart store card to Mc in april. And i tried a cli on walmart card yesterday and it went from 5000 to 10000 may be because it still prior to the actual upgrade. And my amazon went from 4000 to 5000

QS 7K | Disc11.5k | Amex Evday 6.9K | AmexBluCsh 7.7K| NFCUcshrewrds14.3K | Penfed cshrewrds 5K | Citi Sim 7K | Citi Dia 5.6k|
Chase Aarp 4.2K| Chase prime vis sig 3.5K | Walmart MC 10K |Ebay MC 5K| Amz Store CC 5K | Care credit 5.5K |Marvel MC 4K |Good yearCC 2.4k - Over 100k CL all together

FICO SCORES- TU 731, EQ 705, EX718 , AAOA 1 year. Inquiries TONS.
Established Contributor

Synchrony (RIP) soon or later  will lube you with  lexus nexus bs .stay away from them if possible.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.