Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Exposure

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony Exposure

I recent applied for a CLI on my Paypal Mastercard and was denied. 

I have the following account w/ Synchrony

Value City Furniture: $1000

Care Credit: $800

Midas Car Credit: $1800 

Walmart Store Card: $1400

Amazon Store Card: $1400

PayPal MC: $1000

No lates, frequent use, low utilization...

do they look at total exposure ($7400) or just the individual account details when evaluating for an increase?

30 REPLIES 30
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Synchrony Exposure

total Synch exposure is $100k+...so you may not just be eligible right now for cli.

How long have you had the cards?
Message 2 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:
total Synch exposure is $100k+...so you may not just be eligible right now for cli.

How long have you had the cards?
Value City is over 4yrs... all the other are approx 16 to 30 months... the PayPal MC is 9 months

Message 3 of 31
My_Fako
Established Contributor

My opinion, is they really just go off your Tu score after approval. 

Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
Message 4 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony can be difficult. Perhaps it is not good to "poke the bear." Here is a very long, but detailed thread about Synchrony in case you are interested.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/What-the-heck-is-going-on-with-Synchrony/m-p/4669682/hi...

Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Synchrony can be difficult. Perhaps it is not good to "poke the bear." Here is a very long, but detailed thread about Synchrony in case you are interested.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/What-the-heck-is-going-on-with-Synchrony/m-p/4669682/highlight/true#M1353409?q=What+is+going+on+with+Synchrony

Agreed

Message 6 of 31
JamP
Valued Contributor

Agree with the TU score. Get it to 680+ and you usually can get CLI's.

Your far from Max exposure. I think sometime to go off your income also.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 7 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your PP Extras, was that a upgrade from a Smart Connect account? Also with the MC/Visas, one thing I noticed, is CLIs tend to have a different timing and different underwriting I think they are looking at. Also once you get the letter look at the date of the pull on there, it's SP but will be on the letter. Check the reasons. Store cards seem to handle a bit different with CLIs going out like candy sometimes. Your exposure looks fine but with that being said, you may also be at a internal ceiling right now based off how many cards and how long all of them have been opened and used. On my PP Extras, my timing for CLIs has been 6 months give or take a day as a data point. I got the first one at upgrade activation then exactly 6 months later in December for the 2nd one. Any request since then have been denied with factors given from credit report and my TU is on ice, so they are using a old score for mines.

Message 8 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I totally agree with stREAIT.  Speaking from my experience store card and Mc clis are handled differently. Got a huge bump on amazon and walmart store cards on the appro val day back in 2015. but for ebay extras mc , marvel and old navy visa cli was denied upon activation . Only after 6 months i got an auto cli on ebay Mc from 3000 to 5000. I recently got a letter from synchrony about upgrading my walmart store card to Mc in april. And i tried a cli on walmart card yesterday and it went from 5000 to 10000 may be because it still prior to the actual upgrade. And my amazon went from 4000 to 5000

Message 9 of 31
peghede
Valued Contributor

Synchrony (RIP) soon or later  will lube you with  lexus nexus bs .stay away from them if possible.

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.