Did you mean: 

Synchrony Had My Back! Sam's MC Fraud

tag
core
Valued Contributor

Re: Synchrony Had My Back! Sam's MC Fraud

@longtimelurker wrote:

Renting a  hotel room with stolen cc info seems a little risky

If they rent by the hour it doesn't seem quite so risky.   I can only guess what the 7-11 purchases were for.  No doubt things unsuitable for children.

Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird that the minimum alert on the Sam's is $300. It's $100 on eBates, which is also Synch.

Message 12 of 27
baller4life
Super Contributor

That is weird Cap!
Message 13 of 27
jim44
Established Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

Crooks have multiple ways of getting our info. In this particular instance I think I have narrowed it down to possibly an employee of a store in Tustin I made an online purchase with Monday. I find it awfully coincidental. It's hard to say though cause I have had a Barclays and two Chase cards stolen and out of state charges made. Cards still in my possession. Thieves are very creative in how they obtain card numbers.

So this isn't the first time your cc numbers have been stolen? When it rains it pours I guess.  I've only had one instance and that was with a debit card when my CU "thought" there had been a security breach of their computers.  They re-issued a debit card to me.  Seems strange that I have a Visa with this CU also but that card was never at risk. 

I know this really sucks for you baller4life, even if you don't lose money just the hassle is enough. 

Message 14 of 27
baller4life
Super Contributor

No, jimm44 unfortunately it's not my first time. And you are right. Although I don't lose money,it's the inconvenience of having to wait on another card that's irritating. And Sam's MC is my daily card! Smiley Frustrated
Message 15 of 27
baller4life
Super Contributor

Ugggh Sam's reported the card closed today to EX. Lost $25k in credit until they report new card. Never had a creditor do that. Barclays and Chase just changed card number on same account. Smiley Mad
Message 16 of 27
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

GrrrrSmiley Mad

Rotten lazy bum crooks at it again.

I really wish that Synchrony would reset the setting option just like i have on many of my other cards to a dollar.

It would save them some losses too and just how hard is it for them to make that change i wonder.

However good catch on their part finally.

I totally agree. I mean $300 minimum? Really? That's just insane!

Only thing I dislike about my one synchrony card.  And, the fact they can not fix my account for text alerts.

Signature needs updating
Message 17 of 27
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
Ugggh Sam's reported the card closed today to EX. Lost $25k in credit until they report new card. Never had a creditor do that. Barclays and Chase just changed card number on same account. Smiley Mad

Sorry, this is another aspect of synch I am not in favor of.

Signature needs updating
Message 18 of 27
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Darn, Baller... that completely sucks!  Smiley Mad

I am glad to hear that Synchrony had your back, though.  In any case I know this is horribly inconvenient (especially for your daily card - it's usually mine as well) and hopefully this is the last time you'll have to deal with the fallout from crooks.  bat.gif

Message 19 of 27
jim44
Established Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

Sorry to hear of this Baller4life.  I misplaced (didn't lose it) my BB Visa at a time I was going to buy a TV.  A friend warned me that when I reported it lost or stolen, I would go through the same thing you have.  I told the CSR that I dropped it behind a dresser which couldn't be moved.  Had a new card in less than a week.  Had another Visa that I had lost in a parking lot. That one I had replaced. The lender closed the account and issued a new card.  They reported both old and new acct to the CBs at the same time so there was no loss in CLs.  Synchrony should have done the same for you.  Like I said before, when it rains....... Smiley Indifferent
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.