Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Late Fee, What the!?

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Synchrony Late Fee, What the!?

this is why you shouldn't wait till the last minute to pay. I would suggest having your payments post at least min 3-4 days prior to your cut off date to avoid this. Of course everyone is different, but for me my PIF payment is always a week before SM cut.
Message 31 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:
this is why you shouldn't wait till the last minute to pay. I would suggest having your payments post at least min 3-4 days prior to your cut off date to avoid this. Of course everyone is different, but for me my PIF payment is always a week before SM cut.

Some creditors don't let you adjust your due date, so I gave up a long time ago and I have a large spreadsheet to track everything. Only a few cards I have to pay on the due date, and often I don't know until the day before how much I'm paying on each card. Paying interest doesn't bother me but minimizing util does.

Let me manage my credit how I'd like, and I'll let you manage yours.

Message 32 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah that's rotten. Can't even use the weekend excuse as its mid week. You got a case, not like you're squeakin a min.payment thru. GL.
Message 33 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't want get shot! I pay my carried balance cards biweekly!
Message 34 of 36
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I think the points on both sides have been made and it's time to move on.

I'm going to go with this answer.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 35 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just like my way that works for me best and that is pay the bill right around when I see it. If I log in and see a statement, there is a due date, it get's a payment initiated right then and there. Problem solved...how I roll. It's good to maintain some buffer $$$  But, I said, how it works for me and that doesn't mean my way works for everybody. YMMV. Have a great day folks! Smiley Happy

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.