tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony Locked Me Out

@JustcallmeTM wrote:

@fltireguy wrote:
I would worry
Sounds like the dreaded blue envelope is headed your way Smiley Sad

It also has nothing to do with you carrying a balance either... they want income verification, and, more than likely they are going to send you a 4506-T form that you have to sign and send back to Lexis Nexis. I would advise that you think long and hard before sending in if that's the case, also, I don't know if I have heard of ANYONE getting their accounts restored afterwards

That's why I don't have any accounts with Sync- it wasn't worth it

I've noticed alot of people freeze and lock there accounts due to that. Why are people so afraid of a public records database ? It look like a lot of people who gives advice and tell others to do that has either been through BK or judgements or owe money in other ways and or form or have court records and dont wan't others to know about it.

Freezing it makes you look suspect and also makes me questions ones motives and advice they give. LexisNexis looks for those who are hiding assets and business relations,etc... The more embarrasing part is mostly every motor vehicle dept in the the US uses that database locked or not. So everyone has to go through it at one point.

LexisNexis pretty much knows if you havent paid a library card. So I would assume most people who are afraid and lock it up have dirt on them ? If they have no dirt or negative or anything for that matter to come back at them why lock it ?.

Identity theft isnt an excuse most people can't use on here the way they hawk and abuse credit cards if one is constantly on top of promos and card then one stays on top of their reports which goes back to the orginal question, what have one done beyond that to avoid them searching through that database. If not someone have to really give a detailed reason on why and give a really good example of it and BK's dont count if you messed up, then own it and live with it, but hiding makes it seem like one is a dirtbag to continue being a dirtbag. I wouldn't want advice from those people. 

I am only 28. I have never had a BK or judgement. I'm not worried about sending them what they are asking for. If they want to close my acocunts then fine, but I'm not sure what would have triggered it. I havent requrested an increase on any of their cards since maybe late 2015 early 2016. I pay on time every month, havent applied for anything since 2015, and no new inquiries in over a year. If anything, all of my 2015 inquires are almost fell off. 

Message 11 of 45
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@JustcallmeTM wrote:

@fltireguy wrote:
I would worry

It also has nothing to do with you carrying a balance either... they want income verification, and, more than likely they are going to send you a 4506-T form that you have to sign and send back to Lexis Nexis. I would advise that you think long and hard before sending in if that's the case, also, I don't know if I have heard of ANYONE getting their accounts restored afterwards

I've noticed alot of people freeze and lock there accounts due to that. Why are people so afraid of a public records database ? It look like a lot of people who gives advice and tell others to do that has either been through BK or judgements or owe money in other ways and or form or have court records and dont wan't others to know about it.

Freezing it makes you look suspect and also makes me questions ones motives and advice they give. LexisNexis looks for those who are hiding assets and business relations,etc... The more embarrasing part is mostly every motor vehicle dept in the the US uses that database locked or not. So everyone has to go through it at one point.

LexisNexis pretty much knows if you havent paid a library card. So I would assume most people who are afraid and lock it up have dirt on them ? If they have no dirt or negative or anything for that matter to come back at them why lock it ?.

Identity theft isnt an excuse most people can't use on here the way they hawk and abuse credit cards if one is constantly on top of promos and card then one stays on top of their reports which goes back to the orginal question, what have one done beyond that to avoid them searching through that database. If not someone have to really give a detailed reason on why and give a really good example of it and BK's dont count if you messed up, then own it and live with it, but hiding makes it seem like one is a dirtbag to continue being a dirtbag. I wouldn't want advice from those people. 

I am only 28. I have never had a BK or judgement. I'm not worried about sending them what they are asking for. If they want to close my acocunts then fine, but I'm not sure what would have triggered it. I havent requrested an increase on any of their cards since maybe late 2015 early 2016. I pay on time every month, havent applied for anything since 2015, and no new inquiries in over a year. If anything, all of my 2015 inquires are almost fell off. 

If it is a 4506 request I assume they just want to make sure you have the income to support if you ever charged up to say 85k (your exposure limit) based on your signature with them?  Sync along with Discover and Cap1 and sure other lenders have had a big up-tick in CO's recently and guessing they are just covering their arse's.  Best of luck and hopefully just a verification issue.  

Hence why you don't see many CLI's from Discover anymore along with alot less Cap1 approvals and smaller SL's on Sync cards such as paypal 2% card, etc.  All this I would bet is a direct or indirect impact of their losses.

Message 12 of 45
JustcallmeTM
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@JustcallmeTM wrote:

Sorry to hear about the lock out, I would assume you actually use all of the credit limit to those cards ? If not why would you even ask for limits over 15k with Synch ? They usually start eyeballing anyone with limits higher than 15k and having multiple accounts at that level with little to no use. Never use Synch to pad your account that's looking for trouble later on. 

Who said I don't use my accounts? Lol! Most of these are years old. I have well-establisehd credit lines with my other banks so I'm not worried about padding. 

The only one  dont use reguarly is Lowes which I'm not really worried about. It's the Walmart and Stash that have a balance on them. I use those cards reguarly. I put a purchase on the Lowes every few months and pay it in full. 

Most people who had that happen is due to padding for UTI, or leaving a high balance but needing a high CL to balance the UTI or just asking for high limits and not even using 1/10 of the limit, or just plain verfication.

This is Synch so when I see people with limits that high I have to ask if they use it, and I mean really use it. It's not trying to offend anyone but its a question that will always offend someone.

I only ask  because I had at one point 9 Synch cards and have been CLD, balance chased before and then was able to CLI all back to normal. I pretty much tried every dirtbag trick on here most have said so I know why I got CLD and balance chased, but never got a freeze. But I did cut my cards to Lowes and Care Credit and my total exposure from 80k+ to 32k less than my main CU NFCU who now hold the most exposure.

I make between 85-110K and I cant even get Lowes to break 17k in 3 years. Why I have to ask when I see 25K + lines with Synch I always ask why and why use them to hold so much exposure. I see you have 180K+ in total credit line (but around 45% of your TL ride on Synch ?). I would never depend on Synch for that much exposure to your TL. 

Message 13 of 45
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

All,

If you have advice and/or suggestions for the OP, great, please provide.  If you're chiming in to scold and/or push your views of Synchrony/Lexis upon others I ask that you please refrain from doing so.  I don't want this thread to go down the typical hole that Synchrony threads seems to go.  If the OP chooses to provide such information to Sychrony/Lexis that's their choice.  Please don't ridicule or question anothers reasoning because it's not that of your own.  Questioning the reason for the cards and/or limits isn't usually isn't relevant either.  Remember, they don't owe anyone an explanation for their actions.  Thanks for your understanding. 

Message 14 of 45
JustcallmeTM
Regular Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@JustcallmeTM wrote:

@fltireguy wrote:
I would worry

If it is a 4506 request I assume they just want to make sure you have the income to support if you ever charged up to say 85k (your exposure limit) based on your signature with them?  Sync along with Discover and Cap1 and sure other lenders have had a big up-tick in CO's recently and guessing they are just covering their arse's.  Best of luck and hopefully just a verification issue.  

Hence why you don't see many CLI's from Discover anymore along with alot less Cap1 approvals and smaller SL's on Sync cards such as paypal 2% card, etc.  All this I would bet is a direct or indirect impact of their losses.

I know its more about income verification but so many people seem spooked on LexisNexis and some other databases. If you have nothing to hide then your good, but I wouldn't advice anyone to lock it up or avoid it unless you have something to hide. 

It's also why they are pushing out FICO9 as fast as possible it mimicks vantagescore 3 which most people hate on here because it keeps them in check. One thing I noticed FICO9 hates app sprees and PIF reports, I believe the way these banks want you to use there card is different they are pushing the leave a balance let it report then after it statement cuts PIF. Meaning use it like a charge card to you show every bank you use the card and can pay. 

Message 15 of 45
JustcallmeTM
Regular Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

All,

If you have advice and/or suggestions for the OP, great, please provide.  If you're chiming in to scold and/or push your views of Synchrony/Lexis upon others I ask that you please refrain from doing so.  I don't want this thread to go down the typical hole that Synchrony threads seems to go.  If the OP chooses to provide such information to Sychrony/Lexis that's their choice.  Please don't ridicule or question anothers reasoning because it's not that of your own.  Questioning the reason for the cards and/or limits isn't usually isn't relevant either.  Remember, they don't owe anyone an explanation for their actions.  Thanks for your understanding. 

Then what question is one supposed to ask in relation to what happened ? Limits/income and balances are relevant as much as one says it isnt. So if nothing else can be said/used then...

There is ZERO good advice to give someone when that happens. It's either you hand in the paper or you don't. Lock the thread then.

I'm not even attacking anyone either just general questions, if the questions I asked are considered scolding please PM me. 

My point is not about the OP his/her issue is something that is common on MyFico and not an isolated incident either, I mean a huge part of the people in here have had issues with Synch over the same patterns and advice given to them also, but when it goes south nobody gives good advice most say cut loses and move on. Its also those who support closing accounts to avoid Lexis. That's wrong period, you don't see something wrong with that ? 

Message 16 of 45
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@JustcallmeTM wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@JustcallmeTM wrote:

@fltireguy wrote:
I would worry

I know its more about income verification but so many people seem spooked on LexisNexis and some other databases. If you have nothing to hide then your good, but I wouldn't advice anyone to lock it up or avoid it unless you have something to hide. 

It's also why they are pushing out FICO9 as fast as possible it mimicks vantagescore 3 which most people hate on here because it keeps them in check. One thing I noticed FICO9 hates app sprees and PIF reports, I believe the way these banks want you to use there card is different they are pushing the leave a balance let it report then after it statement cuts PIF. Meaning use it like a charge card to you show every bank you use the card and can pay. 

@JustcallmeTM wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@JustcallmeTM wrote:

@fltireguy wrote:
I would worry

OK, we get it, you're a LN and data fan, but the sake of this thread, let's leave out the particulars and guessing on FICO scoring, LN, etc.  This thread is starting to take a turn from what the OP originally posted about, so lets leave out all the conspiracy theories and keep it to topic. You're more than welcome to start a new thread about all that in General Topics or Scoring.

OP...Sorry for the temporary closure, but as others have stated, it could be blue envelope, or the letter with a code. Please come back and update this thread once you know for sure.  

Message 17 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

As both @Loquat and @pizza1 have stated, this thread has veered way off topic.  Please keep posts to the subject of the account being locked. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Message 18 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone. I will give an update once I receive the letter. I havent been on the forum in quite some time so I didn't know if was a common issue or just a few here and there. 

Message 19 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please let us know, i've been thinking about closing some of my synchrony cards as i don't use them much :

Amazon $2200/$0 balance - Minimal use (cell accessories, home decorations etc)

JCP $1500/$0 balance - Use maybe once or twice every 6 months

Lowe's $12,000/$0 balance - Used it once to buy a blower

PayPal $2900/$0 balance - Minimal use (car accessories)

TJX $1000/$0 balance - Use maybe once or twice every 6 months

Total $19,600 CL

Message 20 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.