Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Majors

tag
ccpat
Frequent Contributor

Synchrony Majors

My husband has a 652 TU score.  This is his highest right now.  Has about 22 inq.  Is there a Synchrony (or any other) major that is not inq sensitive that would approve a 652 TU score?  He already has a Disc with $1000 limit. 2 Cap one Majors also. He has a WM store card but not a Synch major. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony Majors

He could try Paypal Extras MasterCard or EBay Extras MasterCard. I got my PayPal Extras with 2 baddies, 645 TU score, and more than my fair share of inquiries. Of course YMMV, I was just providing my experience.
Message 2 of 10
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

Just take a break and get a really good rewards card once the inquiries fall off?

Total Credit Line- $89,300| Personal- $78,650 | Biz- $5,650
Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with Random here, I wish I had waited. I was just riding an approval high, and got the PayPal MasterCard with only a $700 limit, and the payments for me post really slow. So makes it really really hard to make this a daily driver.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does he really need a sync card ATM. Why not let the inquiries fall off and his score improve before trying to get more cards and a potential denial 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ccpat wrote:

My husband has a 652 TU score.  This is his highest right now.  Has about 22 inq.  Is there a Synchrony (or any other) major that is not inq sensitive that would approve a 652 TU score?  He already has a Disc with $1000 limit. 2 Cap one Majors also. He has a WM store card but not a Synch major. 

Has he tried to apply with AMEX? Here's my Experian score when I got my Delta Platinum and couple weeks later, the Delta Reserve. YMMV. I don't know for sure, they say, inquiries isn't weighed very heavily with AMEX. It seems there is no specific number they look at for an approval. Good luck.

Screenshot 2017-03-20 18.16.18.png

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a reason he wants a card with Synchrony?  I think he should take a break from apps for now and let his scores heal. 

Message 7 of 10
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

With a 652 your DH will have a tough time getting a Sync Visa/MC. They tend to look for a score closer to 700 and even then, he would be looking at a high interest rate. Has your DH considered an Amex charge?
Message 8 of 10
ccpat
Frequent Contributor

Looking for Synchrony so all eggs aren't in one basket. Can't get Citi or Amex yet. Got EBay MC but only for $250.
Message 9 of 10
bk510
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:
With a 652 your DH will have a tough time getting a Sync Visa/MC. They tend to look for a score closer to 700 and even then, he would be looking at a high interest rate. Has your DH considered an Amex charge?

Recently I apped for Marvel MC with TU fico of 686......Approved for 2K at 25.49% APR, oouuchh.

SL recon denied, but have only tried once, maybe I'll try another CSR or just wait a few months and give it a go again.

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.