Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony-No Credit Manager?

tag
Reighn9
Frequent Contributor

Synchrony-No Credit Manager?

Got a CLI decline from Sam's Club which used a credit score from February, saying scores don't change over time. The letter gave a number to call their credit department i I had any questions. First, when I made the request online I hadn't gotten a decline, I got this message:  "This service isn't available onle".  When I got that same message from Walmart a year ago I was told it meant I was at the highest limit they allow. So I called the number-he said he couldn't see anything about a decline and I needed to call the credit bureau to find out why it was declined. I told him my score was higher now and he said call the credit bureau and dispute it. I asked for a credit manager or analyst and was told they didn't have one but the credit bureau could tell me why it was declined. Two days later I got a call from a customer survey group doing a survey on my experience with Sam's Club credit deparartmrnt. Funny, I was told they didn't have that eiter.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony-No Credit Manager?

Hold on. I want to make sure I got this correctly, because my reading comprehension is sometimes iffy, especially at night.

You were given a letter of denial that states credit scores do not change over time, and when you called you were told that they could not tell you why it was declined, that only the credit bureau they pulled from could tell you? Also, you were told there was no credit department whatsoever? If so, something doesn't sound right.

Unless your report is frozen or something, and they were doing a HP, but were unable to access your report, that would make a little sense. But to be told your score doesn't change is... mmn, I don't know what to call that. Also, from what I remember, the only thing the bureaus can do for you is give you a copy of your report due to a denial, but they can't tell you why you're denied for any bank/store.

To me, it sounds like the person who answered you was either incredibly uninformed, or a collection of lazy and tired. But, then again, I'm going by the assumption that I understood the situation correctly.

How many times have you tried calling? Have you tried talking to a different person? I believe the Backdoor Numbers thread has a number for Synchrony's credit analyst.

Message 2 of 4
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

None of this makes any sense whatsoever.  The CLI system at Synchrony is pretty much a rubber stamp operation

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 3 of 4
Reighn9
Frequent Contributor

You got it right and it was only a SP. I figured the guy was an idiot because I know the CRAs only report what they get from the companies and devise a score and score reasons from the information, but they have no idea how the credit card companies/banks use it not can they tell you why you were declined. My score was several points higher and some inquiries had fallen of when I made the request. The person I spoke with wouldn't go over anything with me. I gave totally unsatisfied as answers on the survey but I haven't been called.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.