cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony PayPal 2% Cashback Mastercard - When can I safely request a CLI?

tag
JourneyStartsNow
New Contributor

Synchrony PayPal 2% Cashback Mastercard - When can I safely request a CLI?

I just got my Synchrony PayPal 2% Cashback Mastercard last week. When can I safely request a CLI? I don't see a LUV button anywhere. My SL was $3,000 so I'm looking to boost it up more since this is my everyday card. TIA.

BK7 Discharged 4/15. Back to square 1.
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
JourneyStartsNow
New Contributor

Re: Synchrony PayPal 2% Cashback Mastercard - When can I safely request a CLI?

Ok well I was curious so I hit up chat. The Agent said, "I would like to inform you that, every 3-6 months your account is reviewed and based on your credit scores and payment history your account qualifies for an increase."

I then asked if it would take a hard pull and he responded, "It is impossible for us to determine if the request for a credit limit increase will result in a hard or soft inquiry as it is completely decided by the system. However, to be on the safe side we assume that it will be a hard check."

I was hoping to get on the Synch LUV train today but will just have to be patient. 

BK7 Discharged 4/15. Back to square 1.
Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi my BF just got this card.. luv button showed a week before his 1st statement so we tried but it was a denial.. i figured 90 days!
Message 3 of 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

This ones gonna be a closely watched one. No one quite knows how they view this card and as of yet, havent seen any huge increases on this card. Most seem to either get $300 or $3000. Marvel seems to be their flagship but this may become. Will be interestingSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

The luv button appears on the summary page right under your available credit limit. It took a little time for it to appear for me but I haven't been brave enough to try and push the button lol I'm waiting to see how it progresses with this card for CLI.

Message 5 of 26
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

Hello

I am here to give you all the answers you need .. I got this card on Sep 9th .. $3000 SL .. one of my best instant approvals EVER .. they pulled TU

anyway tried to do what people do once approved by synchrony call credit solutions and hope for a bump .. the analyst on the phone didn't review my report and make a decision he instead submitted a cli request just the same way we do on the website and it was denied due to account being new .. he only asked me for income before submitting the request and at the time i didn't have a luv button on the account .. anyway it showed up before my 1st statement and I thought maybe I qualify now for CLI and all it did was ask for income I pushed it and no go .. then my statement cut and i checked luv button this time it got updated again and now it asks for income and how much do you want your limit to be .. so i put 5000 and still no go .. am gonna give it a try maybe on 3rd or 4th statement

PS .. none of that caused any HP .. everything was soft and maybe not pull at all cause all denial letters didn't have score or credit bureau info they just said account new bla bla .. and from experience my friend has GAP and American Eagle with Sync and he pushes LUV button all the time and its never a HP

Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my experience, until late 2016 their clis used to be immediatly after approval. Both of my cards Walmart & Amazon got huge cli bumps immediately after approval. From fall of 2016 that changed and my ebay mc, old navy , marvel did not get any cli until after two statements. I  am going to ask for paypal 2% cash back cli after 2 to 3 statements. My ebay mc was given auto cli after 3 statements , old navy cli request worked shortly after 2 , marvel cli request worked  again after 2. Before that my accounts appeared to be ' not eligible.' Their standard new accounts response. I have a feeling after 3 statements you can be sure of CLI with Synch. That is as of now. If that changes or not , yet to be seen.

Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes im going to try after the 2nd statement but im still banking in the 3rd ! lol
Message 8 of 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I agree with DeepKC, Things did change with Sync after 2016. 2017 is when we started to see the dreaded blue envelope which i now playfully call being bluelistedSmiley Wink

Dont be afraid of requesting cli, being normal Synchrony, its almost always sp, worse is you build up a collection of paper for your shredder. Lol, you should see mine. I still have all my rejections but you cant have a good cake without breaking a few eggsSmiley Wink
Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

BF got his cli denial letter today from synchrony —insufficient experience at your current credit line - we tried right at 30 days so most likely 90 days

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.