Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Question

tag
ccpat
Frequent Contributor

Synchrony Question

I'm getting nervous.  I have only $38,000 exposure but I'm nervous.  I have about $7000 (American Eagle and Gap) that I don't use.  If I close them will that lesson my chance of any AA or should I leave it alone.  

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Re: Synchrony Question

@ccpat wrote:

I'm getting nervous.  I have only $38,000 exposure but I'm nervous.  I have about $7000 (American Eagle and Gap) that I don't use.  If I close them will that lesson my chance of any AA or should I leave it alone.  

It's really hard to say if reducing your exposure to 31k will reduce your AA risks, it couldn't hurt though and it's probably the wise thing to do. Just a few minutes ago I saw in the approval section people getting massive CLI's on synchrony accounts by calling a foreign CSR number, I just don't get it, especially with synch so paranoid lately. 

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 2 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I personally would not rock any boats. Use your cards like normal but just be aware that things like requesting cli may bring more attention to your accounts,etc. Not saying this is the case or will bring bad things upon you, its just i believe one should act normal with their credit cards . If they do send you a blue envelope, then you can decide whether its worth it or not. I myself am going to keep using my cards like normal but am going to refrain from seeking anymore credit line increases until i can get my profile strongerSmiley Happy If i ever fall into the too much exposure gotta give tax info category i will give em a thanks for knowing ya wave before the door shuts in their face. Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@discover2016, when i hear talk of the foreign Csr number i sometimes get confused. That number is the only number ive ever called when i called to request cli. Never called one with Americsn Csr unless it was for Pep Boys but thats not really credit solutionsSmiley Wink

I just look at it if you have a set limit already, well the damage so to speak is already done. No use in drawing more attention to your accounts. There was a recent post where one poster actually started closing accounts or decreasing his/her exposure and then they hit them with a 4506 t request so you never know. It is indeed troublesome though.
Message 4 of 10
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Do not poke bears, do not poke bee hives, do not bother lying dogs and do not disturb synchrony, nothing good can come from any of those scenarios.
Message 5 of 10
ccpat
Frequent Contributor

Thanks all!! I think I like the 'Do not poke' advice. I guess I'm going to lay low and do nothing since there's no consensus that anything is guaranteed.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

She looks like bacon at this point.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditguy wrote:
Do not poke bears, do not poke bee hives, do not bother lying dogs and do not disturb synchrony, nothing good can come from any of those scenarios.

+1000

I don't have any sync cards, but a recurring theme I have witnessed with Sync since becoming a member of this forum is: 1) lots of quick approvals on multiple cards, 2) lots of quick cli and 3) lots of AA (accounts closed without notice). 

While we don't know what the exact trigger point is, there is a trigger. 

Becareful. 

Message 8 of 10
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Justagirl73 wrote:

@creditguy wrote:

+1000

I don't have any sync cards, but a recurring theme I have witnessed with Sync since becoming a member of this forum is: 1) lots of quick approvals on multiple cards, 2) lots of quick cli and 3) lots of AA (accounts closed without notice). 

While we don't know what the exact trigger point is, there is a trigger. 

Becareful. 

+1

In a few cases, the only thing that seemed to be 'notable' was that an AU had been recently added.  Smiley Indifferent

In any case, I don't plan to 'reach out' to them for any reason, and I'm talking CLI, AU, and even CLD... I'm simply leaving things alone.

I could still be impacted (like any of us could be) but since there's nothing that can be done at this point I'm not going to worry over it.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditguy wrote:

+1. Best to let sleeping dogs lie at this point.

I'm not even changing my account alerts and not changing my payment dates at this point, and I wouldn't change e-mail or other information. Not drawing attention to anything. None of us can say for certain if it would cause attention to account, but I'm not playing. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.