Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Questions

tag
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

Synchrony Questions

Hello guys, my wife just got approved for the Sam's Club Store Card and the Toys R Us Store Card. I was wondering what it takes to get them converted to the mastercards? 

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Synchrony Questions

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

Hello guys, my wife just got approved for the Sam's Club Store Card and the Toys R Us Store Card. I was wondering what it takes to get them converted to the mastercards? 

Usage and lots of it. with good payment history. They will invite to upgrade within a year or 2. Nothing your DW can do except wait for them. They don't take customers request to upgrade.

Message 2 of 11
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@taxi818 wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

Usage and lots of it. with good payment history. They will invite to upgrade within a year or 2. Nothing your DW can do except wait for them. They don't take customers request to upgrade.

If only that were true.  I've used my Walmart Store Card for well past 2 years and I've never received and invite to upgrade...and many around the forum can attest to it.  Do they offer the upgrade, sure, but is very random/selective and there is nothing you can do that's going to make them offer it.  I would like to say that usage and payment are the triggers but I can tell you with a degree of certantity that it isn't the case.   Truth of the matter is, if you really want the MasterCard version, wait until your score and profile supports it and then app again. 

Message 3 of 11
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

If only that were true.  I've used my Walmart Store Card for well past 2 years and I've never received and invite to upgrade...and many around the forum can attest to it.  Do they offer the upgrade, sure, but is very random/selective and there is nothing you can do that's going to make them offer it.  I would like to say that usage and payment are the triggers but I can tell you with a degree of certantity that it isn't the case.   Truth of the matter is, if you really want the MasterCard version, wait until your score and profile supports it and then app again. 

Of course you can't do anything to get the invite except use the card. I finally got the invite late last year. Im sure my scores were not the issue at all seeing my tu was 747 at the time. was rocking a 10k limit on a store card. Finally after getting my Ebates card they decided they would invite to upgrade the thing. In fact just got invited to upgrade their Pay pal smart connect as well. Also 10k limit. It really is a mystery.

Message 4 of 11
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@taxi818 wrote:

@Loquat wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

Of course you can't do anything to get the invite except use the card. I finally got the invite late last year. Im sure my scores were not the issue at all seeing my tu was 747 at the time. was rocking a 10k limit on a store card. Finally after getting my Ebates card they decided they would invite to upgrade the thing. In fact just got invited to upgrade their Pay pal smart connect as well. Also 10k limit. It really is a mystery.

You're right...it's a mystery with them.  My profile now supports the Walmart MC if I wanted it...but I no longer have any interest as I have my Sam's Club MasterCard which serves a much better purpose for me and my spending profile.  

Message 5 of 11
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

Its odd because my wife has the Walmart MC, but after that Synchrony does not seem to like her after that lol!

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excuse my ignorance on this subject, but when you guys are talking about "upgrading to MC" what type of card is it now that you are trying to upgrade from?

Message 7 of 11
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Excuse my ignorance on this subject, but when you guys are talking about "upgrading to MC" what type of card is it now that you are trying to upgrade from?

Store versions to MasterCard versions (still store branded but available for use anywhere Visa or MasterCard is accepted)

Message 8 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

I've been offered the Walmart upgrade twice 

The card at best used twice a year 

Kept it for free score tho lord knows why I keep it now .....hmmmm

Anyway decline upgrade due to it will result in a new TL thus lowering AAoA 

No thanks for a card that really has no rewards other than 6 or 12 month financing if needed and so far haven't needed that either 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 11
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

I've been offered the Walmart upgrade twice 

The card at best used twice a year 

Kept it for free score tho lord knows why I keep it now .....hmmmm

Anyway decline upgrade due to it will result in a new TL thus lowering AAoA 

No thanks for a card that really has no rewards other than 6 or 12 month financing if needed and so far haven't needed that either 

Definitely right in regards to the Walmart card. However the Sams Club Card is useful for 5% on gas.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.