Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Store Cards Promoting to MC / Visa

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Synchrony Store Cards Promoting to MC / Visa

Hi everyone

Which synchrony store cards promote the easiest to a MC or Visa.  I received a letter from Paypal promoting my SmartAccount to a MC ( waiting still for the account to be created) I was wondering who else promotes and what timeframe it takes?  Walmart?  SamsClub?  I heard Tjmaxx is good. 

Thanks for the help annd happy mothers day out there

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony Store Cards Promoting to MC / Visa

Pretty much those that you named and other store cards like Old Navy, Gap, American Eagle, BP. Usually when either upgrades it's by invite, similar to what you got with the SmartConnect Card. It's really no deep timeframe I noticed but a lot of people it's right at that 1 year mark or right after from what I see on the board. I have a few that I have and none have got the offer but my Smart Connect.

Message 2 of 4
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

You have to be invited to upgrade to a VS/MC and it's very selective/random.  If you're wanting the VS/MC version of their store card, you're better off applying for it when your score and profile within their parameters. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's funny you asked about it and I never seen it happen live..My mom called this morning to say her American Eagle Store Card popped up with the offer this morning...she got it March 2015..So it happens and it looks like she was right at 13 months

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.