Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Upgrades

tag
PinkPanther3719
Contributor

Synchrony Upgrades

I have a few Synchrony store cards. I have Walmart, Old Navy, Toys R Us, Smart Connect. All since I started my credit journey. I've received letters stating that I'm getting upgrades on my Old Navy card and my Smart Connect account. I'm happy that they're upgrading them. I was wondering if there was a way to have them also upgrade my walmart and toys r us card?
Current Information (05/2016)
Scores: EX: 633, EQ: 619, and TU: 727
Current Utilization: ?%

Goal: All above 750 and no more than 3% utilization
Gardening until 12/31/16 (Hopefully)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Synchrony Upgrades

Synchrony upgrades are invitation only.
Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I heard that they usually send an upgrade after 2 years. The rep said that its very rare that they would send invites to upgrade store cards into actual credit cards.

Message 3 of 8
PinkPanther3719
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I heard that they usually send an upgrade after 2 years. The rep said that its very rare that they would send invites to upgrade store cards into actual credit cards.

I've had the cards for 4 years now. When I asked a year ago, they just said that I didin't currently meet the requirements of the non-store version. So I guess I'm stuck waiting on the other two to change over when they feel like it. But at least the walmart store card now has rewards and they're the same as the non-store version except where it can be used.
Current Information (05/2016)
Scores: EX: 633, EQ: 619, and TU: 727
Current Utilization: ?%

Goal: All above 750 and no more than 3% utilization
Gardening until 12/31/16 (Hopefully)
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had my walmart store card for 23 months and app'd in line at the store for the walmart mc.
I was immediately approved.
I think if you want to "upgrade" your cards go to the store... it will be a hp but you get the upgrade.... if approved. ... i then went on a Synchrony Spree getting approved for Marvel, Sams Club mc, BP Visa, Stash Visa.... i think that's it.

Synchrony is good to me, not sure why they like me so much but im not complaining at this point.
Message 5 of 8
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Not sure about Toys R Us but walmart doesn't upgrade unless it's by super rare invitation. Most synchrony cards don't upgrade, but who knows for sure why some do and some don't especially when you consider the same bank issues all of them, I just chalk it up to one of lifes mysteries. 

Message 6 of 8
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Since I joined MyFico in 2011 I have seen Walmart upgrades a few times. The Smartconnect this was the first time I noticed an upgrade. I didn't think it was even possible to get an upgrade on the Smartconnect that's how rare it is. Some don't want the hit if it becomes a new account. For me I don't need it but as rare as it is and being 65 I may never see it again. Your only allowed one account and for me it's a measure of my rebuilding success. I only have 1 TU, O EX and 2 EQ HPs 2 that fall off in Sept. For me the hit is minimal for a card I only use on Ebay. I probably wouldn't even have the card but at the time I was elated just to get approved for anything. Most but not all example Care Credit, have an upgrade. For me it's pointless now to have credit not accepted everywhere. If PayPal wasn't one of my oldest cards with a very small chance of a new account with the upgrade I might think differently. It feels good since my credit journey began in 2011 with a $300 Cap1that my last baddy falls off in Sept. I follow the rule only apply for what you need not what you want. Credit is a journey not a race. But some need to get in toy limit he!! to figure it out. Good Luck to all on the journey of financial health!
Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 7 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Walmart is invite to my knowledge. They upgraded my store card 8 months in.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.