Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony accounts locked!

tag
Bowzer
Frequent Contributor

Re: Synchrony accounts locked!

@Anonymous wrote:
I understand in a way why but it also leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I guess we should've know the chat CLI gravy train was bound to stop and potentially have consequences. I just closed a bunch of mine to reduce my exposure. I was looking for a good excuse to do it anyway.
Freaking out and closing cards has the potential of sending red flags through the system also. I'm interested to see what the OP's letter has to say. Good Luck OP, keep us posted.
Message 41 of 80
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks for sharing OP. I hope all ends well for you. I must say since i found this forum it has been invaluable in helping me get more clis and cards i normally would never had known about or tried for. This, i see now, can be a double edged sword. As stated earlier, since this forum host a small sample size of the general credit public, we tend to be more aggressive in seeking more credit than i would think most people are. In my case once i found out last year that a cc company will start offering me credit again( Pennys) after my bk from 9 years ago i was off and running. I found this site and ,as many can attest, once you see all the approvals, it gets your juices flowing,you want in on the action and sometimes becomes hard to stop.
I also learned here you gotta put the brakes on after awhile and let things age and possibly let the ccc's adjust to your spending patterns etc. I wish now i could restart these last 2 years and not waste so many inqs on apps not truely needed. If i look back on how many accounts ive opened in last 6 months and then count all the request for clis, especially from Sync bank, i know it can look like im desperate for credit, which im not . But i can understand their view. My plan is to just garden now be content with my cls and app only for what i truely need. If ever asked for income verification, i have no problem doing it whether it be Sync bank or an Amex cuz at the end of the day we ask them to lend us credit . Sorry for my long post just felt like sharing a viewpoint. Good luck OPSmiley Happy
Message 42 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most of the Synchrony account closures I've read about are from people who are listing annual salaries in the 6 figure range. 

Message 43 of 80
BSL1229
Established Member

THIS CRAP JUST HAPPENED TO ME TOO!!! WTH?! My damn blood pressure is up! All 14 of my high limit accounts, BLOCKED! OMG, I'm so livid right now!! I went to sign into my Ebates account to make a payment & couldn't get in! Then spent a useless 45 min on the phone with the Synchrony Fraud department grilling them & getting nowhere! What can this be?!
Message 44 of 80
BSL1229
Established Member

Yup! I listed a 6 figure annual salary, so are they asking for proof of income??
Message 45 of 80
BSL1229
Established Member

So are they asking for proof of income?
Message 46 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BSL1229 wrote:
Yup! I listed a 6 figure annual salary, so are they asking for proof of income??

You are the 6th person today to have this happen. Only one other person was told that they needed to verify something with the IRS; everybody else was told to wait on a letter. So we can only assume they will be requesting a 4506-T form, but nobody knows for sure. I'm sorry this happened to you.

Message 47 of 80
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@BSL1229 wrote:
So are they asking for proof of income?

Nobody knows for sure; it's suspected it's POI since one person had a similar issue several weeks ago and it ended up being POI (with a 4506-T request), but this could be different, especially since it seems numerous people are being targeted simultaneously.

Until at least one person from this 'wave' gets a letter there's no way to know for sure. 

Message 48 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I had to take a wild guess, Synchrony froze all of your accounts until you can prove that you actually earn a 6 figure income. Your more than likely going to receive a 4506-T.

Message 49 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please see Synchrony main thread for additional, important information:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/What-the-heck-is-going-on-with-Synchrony/td-p/4669682

Message 50 of 80
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.