Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony accounts locked!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony accounts locked!

Ok what's the deal, I see this all this time where somebody posts a "space" and nothing else

Message 51 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

All 4 of my Synchrony accounts were blocked too. My internet access blocked. Also said a letter was sent on the 7th. I cussed them out and forced them to transfer me to mgmt. One mentioned IRS.

I am self employed so no 4506-T form for me. I am tired of these crooked banks!!!!!!!!

Message 52 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

This did happen to me.  I was charging and paying and then getting that statement.  The one that says you can only make so many payments, blah, blah, blah.  Then I did see it pop up with other banks.  Freaked me out and now I have everything set to autopay (minimum) and go in and manually pay what I want only once a month now.  Keeping things slow and steady.  It's also helping my fico score.  Just showing them, I bought, I'm paying and if I want to do it again,  please give me the opportunity.  I'm still nervous about what's going on and do check all the time now.

But I did have the kohonna's to demand VS to give me another cli since that letter they sent stating their limit for VS was 3350.  And I got my increase!

With all I've read, I can't see a ryhme or reason to any of this.  Could there be another bank/banks involved that we don't know about yet?  Remember Frontier just scooped everything up.    

Message 53 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok what's the deal, I see this all this time where somebody posts a "space" and nothing else

Don't freak out. Internet was buffering.

Message 54 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

All 4 of my Synchrony accounts were blocked too. My internet access blocked. Also said a letter was sent on the 7th. I cussed them out and forced them to transfer me to mgmt. One mentioned IRS.

I am self employed so no 4506-T form for me. I am tired of these crooked banks!!!!!!!!

Oh man, not you too? What are your limits on those 4 accounts, and which accounts are they (if you don't mind sharing)?

Message 55 of 80
ohreally7654
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Smiley Mad I am SO SORRY this happened to you, too.  The more stories I read like this, the more I am this close to just closing all of my accounts now and not even waiting for this 'letter'.  I am just really angry about the way this is being handled by Synchrony. 

Started rebuilding 8/2015. Current Fico 8 Scores 9/17: TU FICO: 698 (from 646 3/15/16) | EX FICO: 689 (from 617 3/15/16) | EQ FICO: 670 (from 614 3/15/16). Discover Miles: $10K | Amex PRG | Amex BCE $2K | Amex SPG $2K | Citi Aadvantage $7K | JetBlue Plus MC $3.9K | Walmart MC $3.5K | Marvel MC $5K | NFCU CashRewards $15K | CareCredit $12K | PenFed Amex $9K | USAA Limitless Visa Sig $6K | NFCU goRewards $20K | NFCU Amex $10.4K | NavCheck $13.5K | Blispay $4K | QS $9.5K | Pier 1 $21.1K | RH $20.7K | JCrew $16.8K | Wayfair $4.9K | Pottery Barn $19.5K | Discover IT $4.1K | Nord. Visa Sig $22K | USAA Visa Plat $2.5K | Neiman Marcus $6.4k | Amex Delta Reserve $1k | Saks $15K | VS $2.2K | Target $1K | Macy's $25K | Bloomies Amex $25K| West Elm $12.4K | PP Credit (Comenity) $4.4K
Message 56 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh man, not you too? What are your limits on those 4 accounts, and which accounts are they (if you don't mind sharing)?

Stash $6000, JCP $2300, Care Credit $5000, Home Improvement card $6500. I just used the Penneys for  $300 last week after no use or balance for 4 months. I owe $5000 on the home card for major plumbing work, $1000 on Care Credit  (card 1 year old ) and $1300 on Stash.

Message 57 of 80
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I don't think balances has anything to do with this... I owed $15 on my card and all the other ones were PIF :/
Message 58 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditplz wrote:
I don't think balances has anything to do with this... I owed $15 on my card and all the other ones were PIF :/

I don't think balances have anything to do with it either. As a matter of fact, those with balances were obviously using their cards; hence they were making money for Synchrony as well as their co-branded partner. Seems silly to me to bite the hand that feeds you.

I was thinking maybe it was only happening to those with high exposure, but Swampy99's exposure wasn't that high, and neither was that other girl who only had 22k exposure. Don't know what's triggering all this, but it sure does suck for those it's happening to.

Message 59 of 80
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Thread made me want to check my sync accounts. All are good and available thankfully

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 60 of 80
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.