cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony accounts with a temp locked !!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony accounts with a temp locked !!!!

Well, last night got all my accounts locked, called today and I have a letter on the mail, let see what is this about, I have around 95K total exposure and my balance with them is : Walmart - $250 and BR - $200, 4 days ago PIF SAM's ($350), other than that nothing has changed, i guess is because i am at 95K with them ??, my income is around that number and never lied about it, dont know the required income limit to qualify for 95K with them so hope someone can answer this for me.

I really don't care about their cards, the only card I would like to keep is CareCredit, they can close the rest, if this happen my total utilization won't affected me, right now my Total Util is 0%, around $550 and $250 are from Walmart (the $200 from BR was last weekend) so if they close my accounts won’t affect anything on my file.

If they are asking for my 4506-T will comply though, never lied and have nothing to hide so let see.

Note: My last CLI request was a month ago (using chat) and i was told to call but never did, i knew it was a denied so didn't bother, other than that business as usual, i just finished paying a patio furniture i bought on walmart, cost was $1200 and i took 24 months finance at the store, PIF in just 3 months.

I noticed few guys here are in the same boat so i hope everything end well for all of us, really don't want to see another Comenity thing among us.

Now i remember, i asked for aditional cards for my wife, (Stash and Lowe's) to help her on her Total Utilization, i got them yesterday but never activate them, i was planing on doing it today lol, she has a Walmart since 4 months ago. 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Synchrony accounts with a temp locked !!!!

3rd report today. Very unusual. Good luck!
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is interesting with all the lockups.  Sorry to hear and let us know the outcome when you receive the letter.

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This is interesting with all the lockups.  Sorry to hear and let us know the outcome when you receive the letter.

+1 

This is getting interesting. I wonder WTH is going on with Synchrony lately?

Message 4 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, last night got all my accounts locked, called today and I have a letter on the mail, let see what is this about, I have around 95K total exposure and my balance with them is : Walmart - $250 and BR - $200, 4 days ago PIF SAM's ($350), other than that nothing has changed, i guess is because i am at 95K with them ??, my income is around that number and never lied about it, dont know the required income limit to qualify for 95K with them so hope someone can answer this for me.

I really don't care about their cards, the only card I would like to keep is CareCredit, they can close the rest, if this happen my total utilization won't affected me, right now my Total Util is 0%, around $550 and $250 are from Walmart (the $200 from BR was last weekend) so if they close my accounts won’t affect anything on my file.

If they are asking for my 4506-T will comply though, never lied and have nothing to hide so let see.

Note: My last CLI request was a month ago (using chat) and i was told to call but never did, i knew it was a denied so didn't bother, other than that business as usual, i just finished paying a patio furniture i bought on walmart, cost was $1200 and i took 24 months finance at the store, PIF in just 3 months.

I noticed few guys here are in the same boat so i hope everything end well for all of us, really don't want to see another Comenity thing among us.

Now i remember, i asked for aditional cards for my wife, (Stash and Lowe's) to help her on her Total Utilization, i got them yesterday but never activate them, i was planing on doing it today lol, she has a Walmart since 4 months ago. 

Darn... I was hoping the last thread would be the last of these, but apparently not.  Smiley Sad

I'm genuinely sorry to hear about this... as I'm sure you know many of us on here have a card (or two...) with Synchrony, and we're all hoping this doesn't become 'business as usual' for them.

Thank you for providing all the extra detail.  One question I have (if you don't mind sharing) is have you added any new accounts or inquiries on TU recently, as in the last six months?  I'm still trying to figure out a common-denominator to why Synchrony is seemingly singling out some people. 

Again, I hate to hear you've been impacted by this, and hopefully the letter you get will direct you to a quick and simple resolution. 

Message 5 of 16
IgnatiusReilly
Regular Contributor

Either Synch has changed its risk management/mitigation policies and the accounts in the threads getting locked have something in common, or Synch is getting nervous about total exposure and is going about addressing it aggressively.  With a stagnant economy and a Fed likely raising rates, particularly after the election, maybe this is a trend.

Then again, economists and meterologists are two professions where one can always be wrong and hardly ever fired, so who knows?  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 16
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@IgnatiusReilly wrote:

Either Synch has changed its risk management/mitigation policies and the accounts in the threads getting locked have something in common, or Synch is getting nervous about total exposure and is going about addressing it aggressively.  With a stagnant economy and a Fed likely raising rates, particularly after the election, maybe this is a trend.

Then again, economists and meterologists are two professions where one can always be wrong and hardly ever fired, so who knows?  Smiley Happy

I tend to think in general, yes, we will see creditors cracking down. We've seen it already in some ways.

The best thing one can do is keep apps to a minimum and keep exposure moderate compared to their income. The less you stand out, the better.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry OP that your accounts were locked.

With the Comenity fiasco, they just closed them down. Fingers crossed that this is different with Synchrony - I'm hoping that as folks get their letters, it's just income verification.
Message 8 of 16
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@kdm31091 wrote:

@IgnatiusReilly wrote:

I tend to think in general, yes, we will see creditors cracking down. We've seen it already in some ways.

The best thing one can do is keep apps to a minimum and keep exposure moderate compared to their income. The less you stand out, the better.

I agree.  And I'll also add the constant calling of Credit Solutions or hitting them up on chat.  I'm sure many of us with Sync cards have done it at some point, I've been guilty of it in the past and have since dialed it back.  But I'd say be careful with how often this avenue is utilize. I would guess that it too can raise flags.  What sucks is that behavior of such is encouraged around here.  Often when you see any Sync backed approval in the Approval section it's followed by someone saying call Credit Solutions and ask for $xxx.  We never find out if a person has a need for an immediate CLI or even if there is a purpose behind it...it's just an automatic suggestion.  I got caught up in that frenzy myself until I realized that I don't need $10k on a Phillip 66 gas card.  

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Darn... I was hoping the last thread would be the last of these, but apparently not.  Smiley Sad

I'm genuinely sorry to hear about this... as I'm sure you know many of us on here have a card (or two...) with Synchrony, and we're all hoping this doesn't become 'business as usual' for them.

Thank you for providing all the extra detail.  One question I have (if you don't mind sharing) is have you added any new accounts or inquiries on TU recently, as in the last six months?  I'm still trying to figure out a common-denominator to why Synchrony is seemingly singling out some people. 

Again, I hate to hear you've been impacted by this, and hopefully the letter you get will direct you to a quick and simple resolution. 

Thank you UncleB, really appreciate it.

Not at all, here is the data you are asking:

2016 - 5 Inq 

1- CLI request on CareCredit - Approved

1- CLI request on BofA visa - approved and then combined.

1- Barclaycard A+ MC World Elite approved - CL 7.5k

1- Capital One Venture - Denied

1- Car CareCredit - approved - CL - 1K, called a month later and cancelled (drunk + reading approval thread = Stupidity + HP) like no drink and drive, i go with no drink and myfico approval seccion lol.

That is all i got this year on TU, my score last July 4 was 719, i also applied for Citi Costco but its not on any CRB yet, other than that there is nothing else.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.