cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony card revolving or line of credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony card revolving or line of credit?

Hello All,

I applied and was approved for three Synchrony cards. One card is from Hhgregg, another Lowes and another a furniture store. The limits are 4200, 4200 and 3000 respectively.

I'm wondering if these cards are actual lines of credit or are they just credit cards which will report balance and mess up my utilization. I need to buy furniture and appliances for a new home but I can only use about 1/4 of the card limit on each if they revolve. 

Thanks,

Frogger

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Synchrony card revolving or line of credit?

Well, Lowes is a credit card... I don't know about the other two.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 4
Officer737
Established Contributor

the Lowes and HHGregg cards are revolving cards that work at their respective stores. 

Message 3 of 4
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello All,

I applied and was approved for three Synchrony cards. One card is from Hhgregg, another Lowes and another a furniture store. The limits are 4200, 4200 and 3000 respectively.

I'm wondering if these cards are actual lines of credit or are they just credit cards which will report balance and mess up my utilization. I need to buy furniture and appliances for a new home but I can only use about 1/4 of the card limit on each if they revolve. 

Thanks,

Frogger

Lowe's I know is a "traditional" credit card, and I'm pretty certain HHGregg is as well. 

AFAIK, all of the Synchrony cards (at least the ones usually discussed around here) are revolving credit cards.  Some of the cards have varying finance 'deals' with reduced or no interest for various terms, but they will report to the credit bureaus as a revolving account.

If the credit limits in your message were assigned upon approval, I would say you're a 'shoe-in' for a CLI on all of them if you call Credit Solutions.  You can ask for $25k for each (they will counter if necessary), that way you don't have to be concerned with your utilization. 

Note that Credit Solutions is not the number on the back of the card.   Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.