Did you mean: 

Synchrony doesn't love me anymore

tag
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

Re: Synchrony doesn't love me anymore

@bk510 wrote:

@mattmyFIC0 wrote:

Well, I figured I should post this since it may or may not help people.

I found out yesterday that Sync has locked all of my accounts because they want to do income verification. I called and spoke with someone to be sure that's why they were locked and it was confirmed.

This is funny since I had a few of the cards on the chopping block anyway and this just helped to make my decision final. I have closed three of my accounts this morning and I will close the other 4 as soon as they report for this month. I never carry a balance on these cards so it's not a problem for utilization. I am not comfortable sharing tax returns with lexis nexis so it's a no-go for the verification.

I am frustrated that now I will be stuck using the phone system to get the last couple bills payed. It's much easier using their website. I will really only miss the Amazon Prime card and the Marvel MC so I may want to replace those with something equivalent.

Interesting notes:

1. Always PIF

2. Only one of the accounts is less than 6 months old (Marvel MC)

3. I had 98K exposure (maybe that set them off?)

4. I can still access my PP MC online

5. Doesn't seem to have affected my no PG Amazon Corp line (yet)

6. Haven't requested any CLI since I obtained my Marvel MC

Well you can always "push" your payment from your bank.....assuming you have a banking acct.

That is what I do but in this case I needed to know the balance before pushing the payment, which leads to having to call.

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.