Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony eBay Mastercard really upsetting me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony eBay Mastercard really upsetting me

I am not sure I ever heard of such a policy like this before.  I had a balance of $920.99 on my eBay Master Card as of last Friday, and on Monday I made a payment from my checking account for $500.99 before my billing cycle ends so when they report to the 3B my balance is low.  Well I check my balance today to see if my statement has been created and they have my available balance at $1650.  My CL is $3000.00  I pulled up my e-statement and reviewed every transaction up till today and realised they havent credited my account the $500.99 payment.  So I call Customer Service and of course I swear they have a special customer caller ID and know when i am calling because it never fails I get the rep who speaks the least amount of english possible.  Its not even broken english its more like shattered english.  I ask her why my account has not been credited and she says for security reasons because we need to make sure the payment is valid.  What? the money was taken from my TD account the next morning and a day later I received an email confirming my payment and thanking me.  Now today it is even listed on my statement as payment posted to your account $500.99  So where is the security risk.  Well its such a very large payment at one time sir she says.  So your telling me that there is not one single customer with eBay Master Card or the entire Synch Bank that doesnt make payments in those amounts ever.  She says no sir normally people dont.. I call major BS on that because I am quite sure there are people with much larger CL then me who make larger payments on those CL so I asked to speak to a supervisor she put me on hold but before she did she asked me did I help you resolve all your problems today sir?  I was like you do not want me to answer that just please get me a supervisor.  She put me on hold and through the power of their magical phone system i was disconnected from the call.  I am going to wait a while to calm down then try back.  Has anyone ever had their CC company tell them their payment was to high and has to be verified by the bank after both the money was taken from your account and then see the payment posted to your account ?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony eBay Mastercard really upsetting me

I know that this has already been mentioned to you in another thread but you really need to break up your posts into paragraphs.  Without them, very difficult to read

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes other posters have reported held payments because of size/funding source, etc.  It does happen

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon is also very slow to post for me. To remedy this I schedule my payments. Since I have done that, the payment posts on time (the time I wish) every time. You may want to try that.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Again I do apologize I was in a ranting mode and just kept typing I am sorry for that as far as holding I get that but doesnt it mean when its posted to your account that the money or payment has been received by the CC company already ?

Message 5 of 13
Strogen
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Again I do apologize I was in a ranting mode and just kept typing I am sorry for that as far as holding I get that but doesnt it mean when its posted to your account that the money or payment has been received by the CC company already ?

Dont worry man, same thing just happened with my BP credit card (syncB same as your ebay card). 

Had it nearly maxed at $1350(out of 1500) since I was getting those bonus gas rewards and I paid off $1338 at once and thats a lot more than any other payment ive made. 

As soon as the payment posted they increased my credit line to $2000 but still only show a little over $500 in avalible credit. 

I am glad they gave me that increase so I am still able to spend while they take time to credit my account.

Just wait a few days, this is common with SyncB. 

807 TU FICO Score 8.
Message 6 of 13
baller4life
Super Contributor

Is this your first payment for Ebates? It is a common policy of Synchrony to hold first payment on an acct. It will show posted but not included in available credit. In fact I just dealt with this on my Sam's MC acct and I always pif all my Synchrony accts. They can manually clear it. Mine's was done yesterday.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just found it odd that they did that because I have several other cards with SYNCH B and they have never done that.  Funny you should say the BP Visa i just got approved the other day and i will receive it soon.  I came home today and found my new Stash Rewards Visa in my mailbox another SYnch B card so i am thrilled about that i just have one small problem though...  I am running out of room in my wallet i only have 8 card slots lol

Message 8 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Generally, issuers do credit the account (so you don't owe money and get late fees etc) but just hold up restoring the available credit.    They could be much more hard nose and wait for the funds to fully clear before crediting the account.   The security risk for the issuer is that the ACH payment can be reversed if the bank finds a problem

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats why I am just going to leave it alone for now I still have plenty available credit on that card and others so I am not desperate for them to return the credit, its more of a principal thing they were super fast pulling the money but seemingly super slow in crediting it back thats what my rant is about but to be honest its really not that important when you look at the big picture

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.